R.I.P SAVIEM

Buzzer, at 6.00 am (eastern time) this morning as I left for work that’s exactly what I did.
RIP Saviem.

Morning,
I have printed all the Condolence messages off regarding this sad event and handed those to Norah yesterday, on behalf of the family Norah Thanks you all for the time you spent “rattling” to John via TN and for all the messages on John’s sad departure, Best Regards Pete

Buzzer:
Sure I am not the only one who today at 11am stopped for a brief moment thinking of John aka Saviem taking his final journey, such a great loss to us all but well done for those keeping this thread going, this shows what high regard we all had for him, vast knowledge with in the transport world, open the gates as he is on his way up may he rest in eternal piece, Buzzer.

Me too John, helping a neighbour with some decorating, went out into their orchard at midday, ( hour in front ) and had a couple of minutes of peace and tranquility to respect a really nice man…

I reread some of his posts this morning.
The man had a knack with words for sure, and a way of involving everyone. An ability to invoke a certain time or place . And , of course his sign off line re a glass of Bollinger…

I hope he has many up there , and all on the compliments of the house.

R.I.P. Saviem.

Baldrick1953:
The man had a knack with words for sure, and a way of involving everyone. An ability to invoke a certain time or place . And , of course his sign off line re a glass of Bollinger…

I hope he has many up there and all on the compliments of the house.

R.I.P. Saviem.

John was a salesman Baldrick!, talking to another haulier at his wake yesterday and there was a waiting list for new Sed Atki’s and this customer wanted 4 x 400 day cabs with 250 ■■■■■■■ in, guess what John came up with 4 nearly new ones and blagged the Brown 400 E290 demo motor from the factory for them to use as well!

pete smith:
Morning,
I have printed all the Condolence messages off regarding this sad event and handed those to Norah yesterday, on behalf of the family Norah Thanks you all for the time you spent “rattling” to John via TN and for all the messages on John’s sad departure, Best Regards Pete

Thanks Pete. I am sure his wife will appreciate the high esteem in which her late husband was held.
Johnny

Sent from my Hol-U19 using Tapatalk

pete smith:

Baldrick1953:

R.I.P. Saviem.

John was a salesman Baldrick!, talking to another haulier at his wake yesterday and there was a waiting list for new Sed Atki’s and this customer wanted 4 x 400 day cabs with 250 ■■■■■■■ in, guess what John came up with 4 nearly new ones and blagged the Brown 400 E290 demo motor from the factory for them to use as well!

Class Pete!
You knew him well… So, was the Bollinger thing real or conjured up? It’s a great image , just wondering if it was the salesman and raconteur coming out!
Best wishes.
Balders.

Baldrick1953:

pete smith:

Baldrick1953:

R.I.P. Saviem.

Class Pete!
You knew him well… So, was the Bollinger thing real or conjured up? It’s a great image , just wondering if it was the salesman and raconteur coming out!
Best wishes.
Balders.

Hi Balders,
Bollinger was real and think it was Banks’s bitter when down pub, a bit of difference in taste!

Good to hear that Pete.

I’m a Southener but remember my first pint of Banks … In a pub , night outed, the old Akki 180 outside and watching the first ever episode of The Sweeney… :laughing:

Damm. not been on TN for a few weeks and now see this… i first come across john in conversation about a pink merc…he knew straight away whos loorry it was and what lorry replaced it he’d supplied… as it happened id sprayed the merc pink and later sprayed an Atkinson orange and white… John could tell me all about both lorries and was interested it involved me…just a short time we spoke but always interesting subject… very sorry to see this message… rest in peace Saviem (john) maybe we’ll meet again we never know… maybe you found Ken anyhow…
cheers mate John…

Baldrick1953:
Good to hear that Pete.

I’m a Southener but remember my first pint of Banks … In a pub , night outed, the old Akki 180 outside and watching the first ever episode of The Sweeney… :laughing:

Good taste in beer and TV there Balder’s!

I just discovered this website and was trying to guess who was sitting behind the name of Saviem
all surprised to see mention of my name … what a sad and tragic news.
John did work for Saviem and that is where he got involved in the knowledge of Saviem Berliet and Lamberet story.
a well of knowledge and big shoes to fill in now !
Condoleances to Nora and Ann Marie

Heres Johns old viewline he also had an 8 wheeler tanker a defender I think ? this was 1989 at belle vue my dad was good friends with john and took this to the Atkinson rally for him as john preferred to drive the 8 wheeler we had just completed the road run and yours truly in the cab RIP John

Mike Ponsonby:
Heres Johns old viewline he also had an 8 wheeler tanker a defender I think ? this was 1989 at belle vue my dad was good friends with john and took this to the Atkinson rally for him as john preferred to drive the 8 wheeler we had just completed the road run and yours truly in the cab RIP John0

Close, Mike: it was 1990 at Belle Vue. Here’s a photo showing John’s View-Line, with his Defender in the background.

Alongside is my View-Line, still under restoration, and with the late Pete ‘Atkiman’ Davies at the wheel

240 Gardner:

Mike Ponsonby:
Heres Johns old viewline he also had an 8 wheeler tanker a defender I think ? this was 1989 at belle vue my dad was good friends with john and took this to the Atkinson rally for him as john preferred to drive the 8 wheeler we had just completed the road run and yours truly in the cab RIP John0

Close, Mike: it was 1990 at Belle Vue. Here’s a photo showing John’s View-Line, with his Defender in the background.

Alongside is my View-Line, still under restroration, and with the late Pete ‘Atkiman’ Davies at the wheel

Afternoon Mike,
In 240 Gardner’s picture there is John’s tanker in shot, Cheer’s Pete

Hi Guys Yes that’s johns 8 wheeler in the background Pete 1990 chris yes your right
Looks like in the picture I was working out where the steps are to get out

Cheers
Mike…

I am very upset to read these posts, had many a long chat with John on this forum. I dont use it as often as I did, but wish to send my belated condolences to his family. Saviem put me and several other people right about the marque, even though I owned one that owed me nothing

RIP

Mike Ponsonby:
Hi Guys Yes that’s johns 8 wheeler in the background Pete 1990 chris yes your right
Looks like in the picture I was working out where the steps are to get out

Cheers
Mike…

Not the easiest motor to get out of with those little legs Mike!

There is an article on Pacific’s written by John in this months Heritage Commercials.

Pete.