Pulmonary odema

Went to hospital on sat night as was a bit short of breath at times, bit of a tickly cough - had seen Dr week before and told I had chest infection.
Anti biopiotics for a week but didn’t seem to clear so went hospital

They whisked me straight in , put me on ecg etc and did X-ray which showed fluid in lungs,
Did blood tests etc and all came back ok.
No diabetes
No liver probs
No clots
No pneumonia
Non smoker
Colestrol ok
No heart attack etc
But slightly high Blood press and fast pulse , been kept in for obs for a few days and going home today as I have felt absolutely fine since fluid was removed by dioretics,
Trouble is docs say I can’t drive but aren’t clear on why, the pulmonary odema could be caused by a chest infection - which I had and now all my blood press etc is normal.
They are giving me some dioretics tablets and a tablet to lower blood press to go home with.
My issue I they are passing it as heart failure but have no symptoms other than higher blood press / pulse butthey say I’m low risk?
I’m 6ft and 20 St so I’m heavy NS could do with moving some weight but I’ve always been big - rugby martial arts body building etc
Informing dvla is scaring the crap out of me as ther have no grey area and this seems to be
Should I go to another doc for a medical in a few days and get a second opinion?
Stupid thing is I can still drive a car and ride a motorcycle!!

demonbiker:
Informing dvla is scaring the crap out of me as ther have no grey area and this seems to be
Should I go to another doc for a medical in a few days and get a second opinion?
Stupid thing is I can still drive a car and ride a motorcycle!!

That is an always has been the silly thing about not driving…
I would say give it a week see your GP, tell them when making the appointment you want a Full MOT including Bloods etc to be done once you get your results you know where your moving on too …

It may be a bit over caution by docs but also scaremongering that i could die imminently and wipe out 500 people in a truck- but not in a car■■? :unamused:

Hi all,

We’re casting for a new BBC One Health Television Series looking for families who may have unidentified or ongoing health conditions who wish to improve their health and make a positive change to their lives. It would include a full health MOT and the undivided attention of a doctor over the course of a month, his knowledge and expertise at you and your family’s disposal.

If anyone is interested please do get in contact.

Many thanks,

Lizzie
email: lizzie.horton@studiolambert.com
tel: 0203 040 6909
Casting Researcher | Studio Lambert | Doctor in the House