Professional?

I don’t understand how certain drivers can sleep for 8 hours at one of our factories and claim to be professional

What do you want him to do?

Do some work possibly?

Minger:
Do some work possibly?

Well obviously he has no where to be otherwise the boss wouldn’t allow it would he ?

Minger:
I don’t understand how certain drivers can sleep for 8 hours at one of our factories and claim to be professional

I often turned up at Safeway with a box of bonded booze and would park on the bay while agency hanballed a full load off, an easy 7hrs on the bunk :grimacing:

Minger is your stereotypical greetin faced moaner. Every depot has one, some depots have several. Always sticking their beaks into your business.

See unless it affects you personally why you bothering about this guy? Looking for brownie points off the gaffer or summit :laughing:

Minger:
Do some work possibly?

Minger: “Boss, I’ve just pulled up a factory and they reckon its going to take 8 hours to load me, is there anything you want me to do?”

Boss: “Drop your trailer, go pick up my dry cleaning from X, drop it at Y, get the truck washed and polished, and go grab my shopping from Waitrose will you?”

Minger: “OK boss. No problemo. I’m sure I could probably book that lot as rest, if I hang it out, I can start a whole new 15 hour card for you when I get back…?”

Blimey if professionalism is measured in sleep cycles I’m forked.

Course a professional driver would always ensure they had enough sleep to ensure alertness during driving periods.

I like 6-7 hours at night and 30 mins power nappage during the day.
Had 2 power naps yesterday due to a 10 hour tip.

My level of professionalism is so poor I’m thinking of investing in one of these power nap foreskins. Ironic in a way as I’m circumspect myself.

I come across this attitude a lot in my job. And my standard response is life is all about choice. Your boss didn’t knock on your door and ask you to tip it, same as my boss didn’t knock on mine. We all choose where we work and what we do or don’t do for our money.

Minger:

I can’t understand why certain drivers bother their arses about stuff that has ■■■■ all to do with them, instead of just minding their own ■■■■ business. :bulb:

Give him a knock and tell him to sweep the yard if it bothers you so much.

Ffs :unamused:

Btw… come back on and tell us what he says. :smiley:

Dipper_Dave:
My level of professionalism is so poor I’m thinking of investing in one of these power nap foreskins. Ironic in a way as I’m circumspect myself.

If it didn’t have that big hole in the side (what’s it for anyway?)

would you be allowed to wear that while doing a DCPC ?

Bluey Circles:

Dipper_Dave:

Thant sounds like a bloody good idea :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Minger:

Simple. If he’s being paid to be asleep then he’s sleeping professionally.

Hang on,paid to sleep? Errr no,paid to be a trucker I think.
What’s it to me? Well I have to pick up THEIR slack workmanship so it does have something to do with me
And no, I am not a grass so stick your comment right up there

Minger:
Hang on,paid to sleep? Errr no,paid to be a trucker I think.
What’s it to me? Well I have to pick up THEIR slack workmanship so it does have something to do with me
And no, I am not a grass so stick your comment right up there

Perhaps you didn’t explain yourself very well. If he was asleep for eight hours in a factory, then presumably he was being loaded or unloaded, so he wouldn’t been able to “be a trucker” in the sense of driving somewhere? Or have I missed something?

Bluey Circles:

Dipper_Dave:

correct me if im wrong but isn’t that a pic of the latest design in irish diving helmets?

How much more description do I need to provide? Guys are sleeping for 8 hours and not working, trucks are tracked and monitored, do I need to find my crayons?

Minger:
How much more description do I need to provide? Guys are sleeping for 8 hours and not working, trucks are tracked and monitored, do I need to find my crayons?

Ok, was he being loaded or unloaded? Was he allowed to assist the site staff? If not, then what do you expect him to do? If he’s confined to his cab then he’s not got a lot of options do amuse himself that wouldn’t put him on a list.

Minger:

Quite simply, you haven’t explained yourself properly. When he was asleep for eight hours, was that because he was being loaded/unloaded?

If so, what do you think he should have been doing in that time?

Minger:
How much more description do I need to provide? do I need to find my crayons?

Clearly you do, since every single response so far has been something along the lines of, “minger I don’t mean to be rude, but you’re sadly mistaken old chum…”