Post Brexit…

IRELAND!!!
I foresee a big boom in CPC courses in Ireland!
You heard it here first.

JAUPT jaupt.org.uk/
Yep, my trainer says the same. We had a JAUPT guy in last week for an hour. Sat at the back, no probs.

Ok, so, if the French equivalent of a JAUPT person won´t come to UK (we don´t know for sure) Then the course has to be just across the Channel close to a Ferry drop off, thus enabling the French equivalent of JAUPT easy access to our CAP course (delivered in English).
Job done.
Make it happen :smiley:

Franglais:
In the DCPC courses I’ve been to the trainer always says that JAUT(?) could come in to checkup, so no going home early. If a French course were to be held in the UK who would be the authority to oversee it?
I do like your inventive thinking though Steve. :slight_smile:

And I wonder what Geoff says about Flems and French speaking parts of Belgium?
For that matter, are there many/any Gaelic/Cymru courses in the UK??

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

As Belgium is relatively small, Flemish & French speakers will travel to their respective regions to get training regardless of where they live.

There was a Polish driver present at the last training ( It’s called code 95 here) I took. He lived in Belgium ,but didn’t speak Flemish or France ( he spoke some English). Trainer said it didn’t matter as long as the guy could sign his name on the attendance paper.

Geoffo:

Franglais:
In the DCPC courses I’ve been to the trainer always says that JAUT(?) could come in to checkup, so no going home early. If a French course were to be held in the UK who would be the authority to oversee it?
I do like your inventive thinking though Steve. :slight_smile:

And I wonder what Geoff says about Flems and French speaking parts of Belgium?
For that matter, are there many/any Gaelic/Cymru courses in the UK??

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

As Belgium is relatively small, Flemish & French speakers will travel to their respective regions to get training regardless of where they live.

There was a Polish driver present at the last training ( It’s called code 95 here) I took. He lived in Belgium ,but didn’t speak Flemish or France ( he spoke some English). Trainer said it didn’t matter as long as the guy could sign his name on the attendance paper.

Hi Geoffo.
Yeah, that´s what my trainer said today.
Sit at the back, keep quiet, sign the register. That´s all we need, he said.

So, it´s all boiled down to…
British driver sent across to a EU country
Sitting in a classroom on that countrys equivalent of CPC for a week, 35 hours
Signing the register every day.
Now qualified to drive anywhere in the EU.

Glad I could help out, I´m here all week, try the veal :slight_smile:

steviespain:
So, it´s all boiled down to…
British driver sent across to a EU country
Sitting in a classroom on that countrys equivalent of CPC for a week, 35 hours
Signing the register every day.
Now qualified to drive anywhere in the EU.

Glad I could help out, I´m here all week, try the veal :slight_smile:

Yes… that’s pretty much it.

OR…
it could be that a EU trainer, doesn´t matter what language, comes across here and just goes through his lesson plans to 20 people who do not speak his language. But if they attend for 35 hours…that´s them qualified.
StevieSpains DCPC School. Guaranteed to pass. Language irrelevant. Sign up and drive in the EU, for REAL dude.

steviespain:
IRELAND!!!
You heard it here first.

So, as the ROI will still be part of the EU any DCPC obtained there will be recognised within the EU? All sorted then ?

PML101:

steviespain:
IRELAND!!!
You heard it here first.

So, as the ROI will still be part of the EU any DCPC obtained there will be recognised within the EU? All sorted then ?

Seems to be, unless ROI have a referendum on their own ROIXIT that we don´t know about :slight_smile:

hi all, looked at some of the things you drivers have to put up with,I started continental driving in 1965,you could drive a hgv with a car licence, we used british rail ferries then , bottle of whiskey and 200 ■■■■ where given free, we ran on TIR then stamped at every border and sealed,evechaly went on to Turkey iraq kuwait saudi arabia qatar,then changed company started taking british leyland parts to Pakistan return load Afghanistan of cotton bales for the mills in yorkshire,but through europe with TIR we didnt get much of a problem, only the French as always, in 1966 got stopped at Salzburg by the germans kept me there checking the bales for drugs, then I realised we beat them in the world cup, I finished that type of driving in 1976,and finished lorry driving at the age of 71,but what I am saying why cant you use TIR? I am coming up to 76, so no job offers please, lol.

keating@makita:
hi all, looked at some of the things you drivers have to put up with,I started continental driving in 1965,you could drive a hgv with a car licence, we used british rail ferries then , bottle of whiskey and 200 ■■■■ where given free, we ran on TIR then stamped at every border and sealed,evechaly went on to Turkey iraq kuwait saudi arabia qatar,then changed company started taking british leyland parts to Pakistan return load Afghanistan of cotton bales for the mills in yorkshire,but through europe with TIR we didnt get much of a problem, only the French as always, in 1966 got stopped at Salzburg by the germans kept me there checking the bales for drugs, then I realised we beat them in the world cup, I finished that type of driving in 1976,and finished lorry driving at the age of 71,but what I am saying why cant you use TIR? I am coming up to 76, so no job offers please, lol.

Hahaha, the world is a far better place because we have people like you in it :

35 hours of sitting in a classroom every five years, drinking terrible coffee and watching naked ladies on the phone sure beats three days waiting at some godforsaken border crossing just because an I wasn’t dotted on a permit :wink:

steviespain:
I wonder if anyone has thought of running CPC courses in, say, France, JUST across the Channel at the end of a ferry route, with French values, with French end qualification, but do it in English for us language impaired people.

I hate to rain on your parade (well I don’t really hate to do it :slight_smile:) but the periodic training has to be done in the country where the driver usually resides or works.

tachograph:

steviespain:
I wonder if anyone has thought of running CPC courses in, say, France, JUST across the Channel at the end of a ferry route, with French values, with French end qualification, but do it in English for us language impaired people.

I hate to rain on your parade (well I don’t really hate to do it :slight_smile:) but the periodic training has to be done in the country where the driver usually resides or works.

well yeah, that was kinda the whole point. To get an EU, in this case French, CPC so you could drive/work for and EU company.
That company might have a base in UK but still be classed as an EU company, hence the French CPC done in English, in France :slight_smile:.

I just read the EU Document and can’t really see what the problem is ! UK drivers will use their UK HGV licence to get an international licence just like other non-EU drivers are obliged to do. Like we used to from the AA or RAC.
UK trucks will not be permitted to conduct cabotage movements. Well that’s a joke because it’s the other way round !
Quote;
“That system does not permit cabotage operations, i.e. operations by foreign carriers within a single State. This
means, in particular, that United Kingdom hauliers will no longer be able to perform cabotage operations within any of the EU-27 Member States.”
Is it not the EU trucks committing cabotage in the UK that has contributed to the demise of the UK haulage industry ?
So that means that they will not be permitted to do so in the UK either.
Am I missing something ? How many UK hauliers even go to Europe these days, let alone do cabotage operations.
ECMT book and permits.
GS

GS OVERLAND:
I just read the EU Document and can’t really see what the problem is ! UK drivers will use their UK HGV licence to get an international licence just like other non-EU drivers are obliged to do. Like we used to from the AA or RAC.
UK trucks will not be permitted to conduct cabotage movements. Well that’s a joke because it’s the other way round !
Quote;
“That system does not permit cabotage operations, i.e. operations by foreign carriers within a single State. This
means, in particular, that United Kingdom hauliers will no longer be able to perform cabotage operations within any of the EU-27 Member States.”
Is it not the EU trucks committing cabotage in the UK that has contributed to the demise of the UK haulage industry ?
Am I missing something ? How many UK hauliers even go to Europe these days, let alone do cabotage operations.
ECMT book and permits.
GS

Will all of the EU count as one area if we leave it? It is after all one trading entity and only one EU permit be required by UK hauliers.

So, will a UK haulier tipping in France, who has a reload in Italy, be banned from loading France to Italy? Would that be cabotage within the EU? It certainly isn`t at the moment, but if we become “outsiders” would that still be the case?

Franglais:

GS OVERLAND:
Quote;
ECMT book and permits.
GS

Will all of the EU count as one area if we leave it? It is after all one trading entity and only one EU permit be required by UK hauliers.

So, will a UK haulier tipping in France, who has a reload in Italy, be banned from loading France to Italy? Would that be cabotage within the EU? It certainly isn`t at the moment, but if we become “outsiders” would that still be the case?

I believe Cabotage is a purely EU thing, basically something that was a stopgap until a totally EU free market was to be introduced, which was supposed to happen a few years ago, but objections from the French, Swedish and Dutch stopped it, however new cabotage laws are on the table and they seen even more liberal than before.
Therefore I don’t believe that the whole EU area is seen as a cabotage area for 3rd nation hauliers, but I think you need another permit to move goods between one EU nation and another if you are a 3rd nation haulier.

Does that make sense, I would check up on it, but I’ve had a few glasses of Vin Rouge, so can’t be bothered. :laughing: