Planthaul / MCL

Normal old thing in the winter approaching Mt Blanc, we all decided to stop and have a chat about the snow.

Easter in Italy… well you had to think of something to pass the time away!

Well at least you didn’t have to wander around below decks looking for your truck!

This is a picture about checking your paperwork. I looked at mine and saw I had a panel press on the trailer that weighed 15 tons so pelted full speed (60 - 70 then) up the M.6. If I had looked at the next sheet, it would have told me that there was a second 15 ton press on top making the load 30 tons

… thus a bit of bearing trouble.

This was on the ferry from Reggio to Messina Sicily. We had to inch on and off, one truck either side of the boat to stop it tipping over.

This is two bits of a hop making machine from the fatherland to Kent. I call it downright greedy.

Mr Stringer with the ten axle trailer slowly going down hill.

Now if I’d had a better camera…

This is where I proved to Mr Cave that a low loader was the best thing for this load. In Strasbourg they had to crane it on. In Hatfield, by the time they had driven it off, one side of the trailer was nearly touching the floor. even though I’d phone a couple of times to say what was going to happen, it was still my fault!

This was an epic trip, Nevers (france) to Carlisle. They were 17’ odd high and unfortunately it was some special day in Belgium and they had strings of light bulbs across the streets. Not for long though. We got arrested when we drove into the docks. (Hey ho,)

Honest Cavey, I just daren’t risk it! (I think I took just one track of this machine)

Loads of room!

Abberdeen to the Sahra Marrocco. Great fun, a four week trip, about 40 degrees, stolen paperwork, food poisoning,

and not nearly enough beer.

Monte Carlo, going the long way round for a change.

This does take me back, you see these sort of vans at vintage car shows these days. Not a quick sort of load.

Can’t remember where we picked them up from, some sort of turnip cruncher for delivery in Norfolk. A fair old queue behind us if I remember rightly.

How many more times? It’s just

a pipe!

It’s that good looking bloke again!

Don’t remember much about this one…

Yugo. (Don’t know what country it would be now.) The Ities in front cheated and caught the boat round to Genoa.