Peak District.

You chaps will probably recognise this motor.

Click on pages twice to read.

I remember the Scammell/Leyland four wheeler being in Ballidon quarry at one time. I also seem to remember a Duncan Garlick from the Buxton area with a lorry but possibly a different family?

Pete.

windrush:
I remember the Scammell/Leyland four wheeler being in Ballidon quarry at one time. I also seem to remember a Duncan Garlick from the Buxton area with a lorry but possibly a different family?

Pete.

Duncan Garlick was from Chapel , old Sammies driver , then bought a foden with the Gardner turbo . He was called the good shepherd on cb as he kept a flock of sheep on is farm . Not seen him for years .

rigsby:

windrush:

Pete.

Duncan Garlick was from Chapel , old Sammies driver , then bought a foden with the Gardner turbo . He was called the good shepherd on cb as he kept a flock of sheep on is farm . Not seen him for years .

Cheers Dave, I remember him on the cb but a different tribe then! :smiley: There was another nice chap with plenty of whiskers who had a blue ERF eightlegger bulker that came into Ballidon occasionally, Ken Mather. I think he farmed as well, do you remember him? Of course under Tilcon we were always running up to Manchester etc but when Tarmac took over we did very little that way as they already had Agecroft and later Tilcons old plant at Bredbury.

Pete.

Whaley Bridge tonite

B1391F9B-58EE-4CD7-B4D2-9C807A8A8F14.jpeg

Only a Foden can get up to the dam wall :laughing:

Good to see you helping to avert a disaster instead of causing one Dan! I trust that this is unpaid voluntary work you are doing? :laughing: Are you likely to be there overnight, if so it isn’t too far to ROF’s place for a decent cheap breakfast. :wink:

Pete.

windrush:
Good to see you helping to avert a disaster instead of causing one Dan! I trust that this is unpaid voluntary work you are doing? :laughing: Are you likely to be there overnight, if so it isn’t too far to ROF’s place for a decent cheap breakfast. :wink:

Pete.

There’s free snap up here :sunglasses:

I have to say I’ve never seen Whaley Bridge like that Dan,been through it many times.
Free snap - nowt wrong with that,do you pay yourself night rate as well? :smiley:

Punchy Dan:

windrush:

Pete.

There’s free snap up here :sunglasses:

Absolutely typical! Not a hint of an invitation for his so-called “mates”. Bet he filled his snap box with goodies for tomorrow as well.

i’ve been keeping my head down in case he finds out where I live .

rigsby:

He’s on neets Dave,can tha not give him a bed for t’day? :grimacing:

Chris Webb:

rigsby:

He’s on neets Dave,can tha not give him a bed for t’day? :grimacing:

I’ve turned round on Daves drive before :open_mouth: :laughing: :wink:

Chris Webb:
I have to say I’ve never seen Whaley Bridge like that Dan,been through it many times.
Free snap - nowt wrong with that,do you pay yourself night rate as well? :smiley:

Chris, from what I heard today at Cromford Steam Rally about a chap up there with mixers Dan should be able to afford to take the rest of the year off with the money they are paying them for sitting there and doing now’t. :open_mouth: :laughing: Unless of course it is like Aberfan when the coal hauliers etc worked for days clearing away the slurry without expecting any payment, Dan is a generous lad as ROF can testify so maybe it is being done FOC and the only ‘payment’ is in food? Well I can dream… :laughing:

Pete.

windrush:

Chris Webb:

Chris, from what I heard today at Cromford Steam Rally about a chap up there with mixers Dan should be able to afford to take the rest of the year off with the money they are paying them for sitting there and doing now’t. :open_mouth: :laughing: Unless of course it is like Aberfan when the coal hauliers etc worked for days clearing away the slurry without expecting any payment, Dan is a generous lad as ROF can testify so maybe it is being done FOC and the only ‘payment’ is in food? Well I can dream… :laughing:

Pete.

If that’s you Pete with a loud wireless in the far corner I am about to come over with my jcb 3c to turn it off !

Punchy Dan:
Only a Foden can get up to the dam wall :laughing:

But just be careful Dan’l because if the big ■■■■■ Hawk Chinook takes a fancy to you the Foden could end up being dropped into the breach ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: