Palletways hub in Greenford direction running 16ft trailer

Hi I just wondering if anyone does palletways run into the palletways Greenford depot of Greenford lane what is the exact direction to take running with a 16ft trailer to get into it as running their is a 15ft 9inch bridge a little way up Greenford lane once you have come of the a40 heading into London

Can’t you get a route plan…

From the depot you’re leaving from?

Cos as far as I can see it appears to be ringed by bridges and 7.5 limits.

i think i have done it once and was told to go A40 → A4127. The bridge marked as 15’9 (or 6 as per google maps?) but i was told this is the route all drivers used. got there ok.

don’t quote me on that as that was 2 years ago

I used to work for palletways Greenford doing the day trunk to Lichfield,i never had problems going under the bridge with a 15ft 9 D/Decker,allways went back via the A40,maybe I was just lucky though,just looked at the London A to Z and it’s the Mandeville rd you want A312,carry on down and you go over a railway bridge carry on into a left hand bend and come to a roundabout,turn right on to whitton ave,another roundabout,straight over and carry on which is the A4090,then you want a turning on the right into Greenford rd A4127,brings you to the other side of the bridge,turn right[at the bridge] straight up to a T junction,turn right then I think about a quarter of a mile the estate comes up on your left,when I was there you had plenty of turning space as well,hope this helps

Come off the a40 and head towards Harrow on the A312, follow that to the 1st roundabout and take the 3rd exit, follow that to the next roundabout and go straight over(2nd exit), follow road down to the main junction traffic lights and turn right onto Greenford road, follow that down until you see the Railway bridge in front of you and turn right at the lights(shopping area on left), follow that to the end and turn right and then take 2nd left into Auriol Drive, through security barrier and keep going straight, follow road round to the right and you’ll see palletways on left.

Brilliant that’s been a great help with the direction to the Greenford hub also with going to the Lichfield hub just been looking at google maps is best way if heading up the m1 north then onto the m6 come of at j4 then onto a446 till the a38 then carry on that road till you come of for Fradley park

Aint they just resfaced that bit of road, get your tape out, get a job with eddie it wont be a problem

yourhavingalarf:
Can’t you get a route plan…

From the depot you’re leaving from?

Cos as far as I can see it appears to be ringed by bridges and 7.5 limits.

This seems like a sensible idea…

selby newcomer:
Come off the a40 and head towards Harrow on the A312, follow that to the 1st roundabout and take the 3rd exit, follow that to the next roundabout and go straight over(2nd exit), follow road down to the main junction traffic lights and turn right onto Greenford road, follow that down until you see the Railway bridge in front of you and turn right at the lights(shopping area on left), follow that to the end and turn right and then take 2nd left into Auriol Drive, through security barrier and keep going straight, follow road round to the right and you’ll see palletways on left.

hasn’t changed in the estate then,i heard when I left they were going to move to a new unit,so I assume they are still at the old unit over the bridge on the left

truckman020:

selby newcomer:

hasn’t changed in the estate then,i heard when I left they were going to move to a new unit,so I assume they are still at the old unit over the bridge on the left

Nah still the same place, nothing has changed at all down there apart from Sainsbury’s and tesco got 2 big sites right opposite palletways

selby newcomer:

truckman020:

selby newcomer:

Nah still the same place, nothing has changed at all down there apart from Sainsbury’s and tesco got 2 big sites right opposite palletways

not mentioning any names,but the ops manager at palletways wasn’t liked at all,typical suit,a year after I left I heard he was punched twice in the face and put on his backside in his office by a driver,when I was told I asked where the driver drinks so I could buy him a pint,lol

Come off A40 Northolt take A312 north, get to roundabout turn right, get to lights turn right A4127
traffic lights just before 15’6 bridge turn right

see map below

google.fr/maps/@51.5355821,-0.3541745,14z

selby newcomer:

truckman020:

selby newcomer:

RDCs or supermarkets

truckman020:

selby newcomer:

truckman020:

selby newcomer:

RDCs or supermarkets

Tesco home delivery one Sainsburys rdc