One last hurrah

Like I said, it’s not the type of work I’m doing, it’s the roads. That’s why I haven’t changed jobs. I know the roads are the same whoever’s name is down the door. The trucks are pretty big standard. Just fancy having something that’ll put a smile on my face while I’m sitting on the 25 at 56mph. Like switch said a couple of years ago, English trucks on the whole are poverty spec. As a kid I fell in love with the 88’s, F16’s, v8’s etc. It wasn’t about the trailer, what was in it or where he was going. That didn’t enter my head. A 1.2 punto would get me to work and back, but I would be boring. I’ve always driven nice cars, why not a nice truck. Life is too short to do mediocre in my mind

Nothing wrong with wanting something other than standard, my truck is fleet spec but I don’t live in it all week, it’s a 17 plate Iveco that’s clean and tidy and does me for the time I spend in it, my cars aren’t standard spec, an Audi sport, alloys, leather, door blades, bumper skirts etc and a Focus ST that’s been tuned, it’s my preference as I don’t want bog standard poverty spec, life would be pretty boring if we all had the same spec cars and trucks, some of us take pride in them so therefore want something a little less ordinary, others are happy with the norm as it’s just a means of transport.

Just think the novelty of a v8 will wear thin pretty soon if the rest of the job is crap as for poverty spec for me I’d rather have a fleet spec engine size but have goodies in the cab to make life better.
If I was tramping I’d apreciate a fridge microwave and decent media stuff over an engine.
Not realy one for cars although I do own an old 70s fiat which I like but I am a gadget fiend indoors and spend a fair bit on the house and tech stuff

kr79:
Just think the novelty of a v8 will wear thin pretty soon if the rest of the job is crap as for poverty spec for me I’d rather have a fleet spec engine size but have goodies in the cab to make life better.
If I was tramping I’d apreciate a fridge microwave and decent media stuff over an engine.
Not realy one for cars although I do own an old 70s fiat which I like but I am a gadget fiend indoors and spend a fair bit on the house and tech stuff

My old F7 (Lucky7 as it was named was engaging to drive after i ■■■■■■ on its carrots and plated it to 36.5tons (and some) and youred never fall asleep at the wheel with the little 6.7l engine working its guts out and the constant splits up and down even on the flat but…over distance its hard going and time consuming and after a while the thirst for more power was ever present and desperately needed. F10’s/12’s/F16 and Commercial Motors ex demo MAN 19/462 V10 followed (very thirsty monster that one). Being able to leave the box alone even fully freighted on gradients though makes for an easier more relaxing drive and can make an otherwise boring job a little more tolerable…

Edit- forget any of the above though if its plodding up and down the A12… :grimacing:

I drive a 420 Volvo fmx artic and a bit more power might be nice but the rest of the lorry is well up to the work I do.
However the hours I do and what I get paid are what makes life much easier that the lorry I drive.

Trouble is there isn’t many mountains on the A12 that require the grunt of a V8 :sunglasses:

You can open the window and give yourself a headache though

OVLOV JAY:
No wind ups, and I respect the views that it’s the same job whatever the truck etc, but in my mind, the rdc waiting rooms etc are just a fraction of the day. The truck is the office and after being spoilt with the new scania on demo last year, I fancy having something top of the range to make the mundane a to be part of the job a little more pleasurable

You a Westham fan?