Old companies in lincolnshire 1980's - 1990's

bubbleman:
Hi Tanktrotter,heres a shot of the 140 taken in Port Talbot…any idea if the 112 is from Lincs?

Cheers Bubbs, :wink:

Jackson (Rasen) and a Lincolnshire registration says it is, Market Rasen. Could it be AD Jackson Transport?

IMG_20110920_160932.jpg

IMG_20110920_161024.jpg

jw cousins have been going since i think 1930!!

correct, celebrated 75 years in 2005. (had to look at that booklet you gave me to double check)

Anybody remember John Coxen from - I think - North Thoresby,ran tippers. :question:

ramone:
Anyone heard of a company called either John or Gordon Tune from somewhere in Lincs i know its a long shot but my dad got 1 of their old F86 units around 1978 it had done more mileage than the space shuttle i vaguely remember the reg i think it was FFU 841L

Hi Ramone, it was Gordon Tune, he was a potatoe merchant based in Battle Green, Epworth, I drove for him for a while mainly market work. regards Big Al

phillybob71:
hi, does anybody remember Thompson frieght services of Scunthorpe and Colin Booth ltd from Barton? And does anybody have any pictures?

Hi Phillybob, Bill Thompson had a yard in Crowle on the A161 Goole to Gainsborough Road in the 50’s They ran 8 wheeler tin cab AEC lorries carrying steel out of the Scunthorpe steelworks, if I remember right they had a brown livery. Bill Fretwell, Foxy Fowler and Big Ron Coultard drove for them. They later moved to the garage at Double Rivers on the old A18. regards Big Al

A.Brown & Sons. Potato Merchants, Fern Villa Epworth circa late 50’s

regards Big Al

hi all. My dad used to drive for thompsons in the late 1980s early 1990s. He used to drive a mercedes 2035 powerliner i think that was the model anyway. I have spoke to him and im going to get some photos and upload them. But i was wondering if any of you guys had any pictures of thompsons yard in crowle or any of their trucks. His name was pete wilson if any of you recall

Hi can any of you lads remember robert teal gravel company.Think they were at north hycome but not sure.Would like
to find pictures of their old lorries.

Hiya…two new members i see and not even had a welcome from any of us so called truckers
welcome… fm globetrotter and willis0411…from all at TN
John

Great thread.
A few that i remember whilst trammin round lincs in the early 90s,
Maple transport, blue F7s and scanny 82s with orange writing, from a village just outside stamford on the bourne rd.
Wigley’s transport & Pheasant transport, both with identical livery, orange with blue writing, and both from ■■■■■■■■■ lane just off the A1.
Fuller Farm Services, just south of Grantham on the A1. blue and red volvos.
BWH North muskham, nr Newark blue scanny 82/83s
Dawsons of bicker, think still going, green volvos.
Grimers of Billingborough, remember going to there yard in the late 80s, and it seemed that their yard was most of the village, with an old office on the high street. Think they’re still into wharehousing.

wills0411:
hi all. My dad used to drive for thompsons in the late 1980s early 1990s. He used to drive a mercedes 2035 powerliner i think that was the model anyway. I have spoke to him and im going to get some photos and upload them. But i was wondering if any of you guys had any pictures of thompsons yard in crowle or any of their trucks. His name was pete wilson if any of you recall

Be good to see some Thompsons pics if you have any wills

gunnerheskey:
Great thread.
A few that i remember whilst trammin round lincs in the early 90s,
Maple transport, blue F7s and scanny 82s with orange writing, from a village just outside stamford on the bourne rd.
Wigley’s transport & Pheasant transport, both with identical livery, orange with blue writing, and both from ■■■■■■■■■ lane just off the A1.
Fuller Farm Services, just south of Grantham on the A1. blue and red volvos.
BWH North muskham, nr Newark blue scanny 82/83s
Dawsons of bicker, think still going, green volvos.
Grimers of Billingborough, remember going to there yard in the late 80s, and it seemed that their yard was most of the village, with an old office on the high street. Think they’re still into wharehousing.

Maple’s were based behind the old petrol station at the top of Essendine Hill (now a hand car wash and bus depot). They went about 10/15 years ago. I think Grimers packed in a couple of years ago. They were based in the old station yard at Billingborough.

Does anyone have photos of Maple vehicles? .