OHS

I so look forward to that next book of yours (as do, I think, we all!). Hope to see you at Gaydon (or even Kelsall). Robert

I’ll definitely be at Gaydon Robert. The working title for the book is ‘The Long and Lonely Road’!

image.jpeg
It should be a good book; from what I’ve seen on T-net.

That B Series was on the Contex (Turkish) fleet. Maybe Nazmi Ozcan who was manager at that time could comment on how it was pulling a UK trailer.

with ecmt book and a private rental agreement.

Jazzandy:
That B Series was on the Contex (Turkish) fleet. Maybe Nazmi Ozcan who was manager at that time could comment on how it was pulling a UK trailer.

Did those contract drivers make any money Nazmi?

I’m looking for a subject for a Mack F700 model, were they all left hookers? My kit is a right ■■■■■■… :imp:

$_58.jpg

Dover Docks circa 1983

Jazzandy:

Dover Docks circa 1983

and there right in the middle, ‘‘Miss Piggy’’ Richard Ford’s 142 driven by Ivor Glassbarrow, sadly no longer with us, but use to do Swiss every week.
and to the right of it, the Ware trailer is pulled by one of my Brothers F88’s which he bought off Richard Ford hence the same colour, in fact he bought all Fordies 88’s

Cave Wood and Laser freight also in that row.

Suedehead:
Cave Wood and Laser freight also in that row.

Plus Brit European in the top left corner and Luxguard in the bottom left. Robert

Edwin Shirley & Ferrymasters backed up to the ‘Camber’ next to Brit European

5658.jpg

Jazzandy:
Model by Jimsky

And the real thing!

Cooks of Rainham produced a quality M/E spec body. For O.H.S Transport ,spec included bevelled roof,belly tank etc

Anyone got any photo’s of this company? I would like to see some of there Macks. come on Ash you always come up trumps!!

On the subject of OHS. Ex-OHS driver Kenny Bowkett ( Egg on Legs ) died recently of natural causes in London.His funeral is tomorrow somewhere in South London.He had been living for a number of years in Thailand & had come back to UK for a holiday. He leaves behind a young Thai widow.

Hello Harry, yes I did read that he had died, very sad. although I never knew any of there drivers, I always thought their F700 Macks looked the business, especially on there return all covered in grime.

here ya go DD6 a nice selection:

and for Mr KEN: nice to see you on here mate :wink: Told you, u’d like it!

heres a “funny looking” Mack with dust cart cab.
Presumably, these were used on UK work? Wonder if this ones come all the way back from Turkey :confused: :wink:

they also had Seddon Atki 400’s, a couple of GMC Astro’s and some F12 Volvo’s

3 men i know who worked there: Andy Maclean, Tony Khan and Howard Leighton who I heard has recently sadly died :frowning: