NWH

Beetlejuice:

Freight Dog:
“Triggering” is mentioned on here a few times :laughing: . I googled it and it’s an Americanism that young uns seem to like inflicting on each other.

Basically from what I can make out, it’s just the much maligned, opposite version of when someone just replies to a point and gets shot down with “racist!” Or “sexist!”. A way of shooting down a response. Common trend these days that one :laughing:

Well i posted my point ,Very clearly ,he then questioned it minus any kind of point or arguement,
so i injected some sarcasm .
He replied that fast i thought i must of broomed him .

:laughing:

“Broomed him”

Ha no. There’s another term I’m going to have to google :grimacing:

Freight Dog:

Beetlejuice:

Freight Dog:
“Triggering” is mentioned on here a few times :laughing: . I googled it and it’s an Americanism that young uns seem to like inflicting on each other.

Basically from what I can make out, it’s just the much maligned, opposite version of when someone just replies to a point and gets shot down with “racist!” Or “sexist!”. A way of shooting down a response. Common trend these days that one :laughing:

Well i posted my point ,Very clearly ,he then questioned it minus any kind of point or arguement,

“Broomed him”

Triggers broom :laughing:

Beetlejuice:

Freight Dog:

Beetlejuice:

Freight Dog:

“Broomed him”

Triggers broom :laughing:

I loved that scene. Who doesn’t :grimacing:

Good luck with that one…the assessor/driver trainer has some serious attitude issues and thinks it’s alright to swear and speak to you like something on the bottom of his shoe for breaking a bit too harsh…think he’s the 1 who could do with training, on how to conduct himself with people. Was a major factor in me jacking in

On the face of it i applaud the company, they give the youngters a chance and if they manage to retain some decent long term people out of this enterprise then more power to their elbow.

It’s not a state sponsored charity, they have to make a profit or go out of business, but from what i can gather the new drivers are getting a reasonably priced hgv licence and a job at the end of it, without having to risk their own money, no doubt there will be some disgruntled people who it doesn’t work out for and no doubt they’ll find one or two who think they can get a free licence and bugger off to pastures new before the agreed minimum term has been served, but i suspect the company are sharp enough to weed the most likely out before the costs are too high.

I hope the jobs are decently renumerated once the new drivers are up to speed and skilled up, because i’ve seen in my former game where a certain operator became the go to place for training but the pay and job itself was so hopeless that few stayed and as soon as they found another job in the same sector were out the door like a shot.

Good luck with it NWH, and your potential new staff.

A scheme like that has got to be worth a shot for a youngster. As the worker, you’re trading off some money in the short term, for a licence and a job and not ■■■■■■■ about on agency / food service / pallet network ■■■■■■