Now JV is free

Not seen many free xyand z now that cause cleb is out or is it just me,north east bias and they run the web site is what springs to mind in the first instance,please lets see some more in the way of cause clebs not just a nod here and there :question:

It would be a good idea for you to look at the thread below this one!

Yeah I did and who`s name pops up the most,no very high profile are the rest.

Can you tell the forum exactly what you are doing to help free truckers who are unfairly locked up??

For sure ,making sure that all the ho har about one freed trucker does not take all the limelight and that trucknet carries on the good work.

Trucknet is its members, you are one of these! the louder we all shout the more the people notice!

Froggy, I am sorry you feel the way you do. I for one am constantly shouting for the drivers and their families just because I am not giving names etc out every day does not mean nothing is going on.
Some of the men arrested do not like their names and details bandied about, especially if they have a young family, often kids get taunted at school if too much publicity is given by the media, wives get LOUD remarks made against them and some are even threatened by drug barons who they have no knowledge of.
I do not publisise any details for the driver or his family unless I get permission from the person or persons involved. That does not mean I am not active on their behalf and in touch with them constantly. I have at present one driver held in a prison abroad and his wife has also been charged altho she is out on bail but must stay in the country of arrest, these people are not wanting to have details splashed all over just yet as the family in the U.K have been threatened and both police and customs are making enquiries.
Please Froggy try and be more charitable and thank God it is not you that is held in any of the prisons abroad for something you have not done.

Froggy,
I can only reiterate what Danneke has said. From our experence most families do not want publicity and you must respect that. Any family that has contacted us through whatever means and that includes a Dutch and a Bulgarian family, (and we broke the language barrier) has been given all the help and information we can give, some come back some don’t .

But when it comes down to publicity you must respect what the family wants.
We have lifelong "friends" who have shunned us and as Danneke has said kids do get taunted.

Some drivers in prison with John would not even sign the International “Justice for Drivers” petition

Ken Vasey

Just to add my ‘two penneth worth’!
I can only agree with what has been said above by my Dad and Danneke.
Untill you know of a particular situation or circumstance, you should not comment. Yes, I have had a lot of publicity but that is how we wanted it because everybody believed me innocent. It isn’t always like that as you, who live in France, should know!
I know plenty of people still locked up over there who definatly DO NOT want any publicity and if I had known just how much abuse my wife and son, as well as the rest of the family, had to put up with at times, I might just have turned it down to!
It isn’t as easy as it is made out to be and I should know !!!

Yours, very gratefully

John Vasey

I hope Froggy has taken note of the last few comments on this topic and has come to terms with how things are. However if he would like to telephone me at any time if he has any problems or even if he would like to help in any constructive way then I would be happy to take his call.

The fight for all our innocent drivers is ongoing and support for all the families whether their partners are innocent or guilty is always available, after all they are suffering often more than the driver who is in prison

Danneke.
Driver and Families Help Line

Having read the above postings and after giving it a little thought,all ready knew most of whats been put,it was an observation that someone was receiving the lions share of the publicity simple as that.There go I but for the grace etc only really took notice of keelmans case via trucknet and the fact that I drive past perpignan nick sometimes on the way to work and did think that maybe a gab with a british trucker might be a lift.Froggy :slight_smile:

It was nice to see your latest reply Froggy. I am pleased you have realised about this thread and all the problems the drivers held have to put up with. As for maybe chatting to the lads, I am afraid going into the prison is not easy, the family has a job sometime to get in, permits from the judge have to be got and usually the person requesting the visit has to be vetted by police and often have to have the same last name of the driver. I know where you are coming from with your comments, I have only ever been on the perimiter of John Vasey’s case as he had a strong family who worked on his behalf and I have rather a lot of other drivers I am helping. May I make a suggestion Froggy, if you would care to give me a call I will tell you how you could help us in our fight to free the other guys and girl who are still held.
Regards
Danneke (ex International Driver )