New pass struggling to find work

Hi here goes off the top of my head
Poundland bilston ( 0121 526 8336)
Spar willenhall
Blakemores Darlo
Aspreys and mainline willenhall
K transport willenhall (steel delivery )
Culina bilston
Yodel willenhall (through drivers direct but really? )
Royal mail wolvo
Joseph ash galvanizing ( opp walsall manor)
KTC edibles Darlo

Jeff

Jb9313:
Since starting this thread I have now registered with another agency. Not yet got a shift in, but only get last minute texts seeing if I can start within an hour, with no time to sort child care. Is this the norm when you start out driving. Or does work actually pick up around Easter?
Thanks in advance

It just shows you that the agencies generally have enough drivers at this time of year. The only work they might have for new drivers is last minute bookings from clients. You have been offered last minute bookings but if you don’t accept any of those shifts your phone will stop ringing.

If you are not getting any work, always let agencies that you are registered with know your availability each week. Either by text or phone call. If you speak to them over the phone, always back that up with a text. A phone call is quickly forgotten, a text is there as a constant reminder.

As a new driver, it’s best to get regular work through an agency with just one client. The client then has a long term interest in you. The first week they should send an experienced driver out with you, showing you how to do manual entries on the tachograph amongst all the other things.

After 3 to 6 months of experience, you will be in a much better position with the agencies.

You will get work easily in June, July, August as that is when so many agency drivers take long summer holidays.

As a new driver, try to avoid long shifts over 12 hours. 11 hours is ok, 8 hours is better. Being new and tired is a recipe for accidents. Also, never rush. Slow and steady wins the race.

I only passed my class 1 last October and living in West Wales there is zero work but I’ve had to relocate and stay with relatives in Manchester and with only a 1 months experience I’ve just walked into a job. So the work is there I wouldn’t fall for this crap start with agencies as it not always the case, you just gotta put yourself out there. Somebody will give you a chance