MY driving and work history from 1980

There’s a tremendous amount of effort gone into writing that, and I suppose all good things must come to an end ultimately, but I for one have really enjoyed reading it Vic, and talk about laugh. Blimey, you’ve certainly been around a bit mate. You should try to get it published as it stands, warts and all, as correcting the grammar and spelling errors would take the edge off it in my view.

Respect. Eddie.

HIGH EDDIE , I BET THAT WOULD BE A GOOD READ ,YOU KNOW THE SCORE AND HAVE BEEN AROUND TELL THEM AS IT WAS Eddie , Cheers Barry

Its been a great pleasure to read your story peggydeckboy. I can see a lot of work went into it, now sit back and have a rest having got it all off your chest. Truly entertaining. Thank you.

Thanks again PDB, you brought back lots of great memories

I always preferred the Far East runs, I was lucky & spent most of the 4 years of my apprenticeship doing that. Penang, Port Swettenham, Singapore, Bangkok, Saigon, Hong Kong, Japan & occasionally across the Pacific to San Francisco (that is a ZB ing long way on an 8 knot ship).

I guess you became a regular in The Ritz Bar & Straits Cabaret in Singapore?

All good things come to an end, the ships got too modern & the runs changed, so once I got my 2nd mates ticket I mixed and matched my ships - I guess similar to you.
It wasn’t that long before I also switched to driving, the experience at sea, the ports & the people helped a lot in making the transition to the ME run fairly painless.

Thanks again Pal & hope your life continues to be as fulfilled & interesting

Thank you all for your kind comments ,just to say the writing i have posted,i have never kept a diary ever or had any notes it all ,it all just seemed easy, well it was what i did ,the same as all of you .
To be honest i do not know what to do now, i sought of liked coming in to the computer, that is in a alcove in a bedroom,[a bungalow] ,i like reading up on all the regulars ,you know who you are, and i might start commenting again BUZZER .

I never did get a thank you from the driver,. another chap and my self pulled out of his burning cab .i wish him well.
thanks P.D.B.

The last interview,i never got the job,but enjoyed the experience IN PERTH now that is my end of my driving.dbp photos by DIG,THANKS MATE.

click on the bucket and it goes the right way up,how god knows

peggydeckboy:
click on the bucket and it goes the right way up,how god knows

The pleasure was all mine PDB you came a long way to see us and although it was fire ban time and we couldn’t light a fire to have a brew of Billy tea we didn’t do to bad.Take care old mate your always welcome.
Cheers Dig.

click onto photo right it ,

Right side up, Buzzer

Buzzer please write me, and tell me how you did that thanks dbp

This photo must be late 1970s as the crates have pallet type bases, where earlier they were crane unloaded. this was our main outward work mostly land rover ,but all the car companies export the same way until progress.

Sorry about the double post still trying to get it right. the next photos are of a single axel 40foot we used for general haulage ckd of 4/5 tractors we even used to load 2 steel coils from Kings Lynn docks to Birmingham, 32ton gross. you got used to it in fact we would load anything ,so long as we had our4 sheets or timbers.

20180812_152700.jpg

20180812_152958.jpg
20180812_152927.jpg

20180812_153015.jpg