Morris Dancing

whisperingsmith:
> UKtramp:
> Has anyone any experience of this? A friend of mine is a morris dancer in a local folk group, he has asked if I would join them this weekend as they are a man short. I am uncertain as to whether or not to join them, I do ballroom dancing frequently but not had any experience of morris dancing. Just wondered if any one has done any before I commit to it?

You can’t do it if you’ve been circumcised - you have to be a complete prick to do it :grimacing:

One of the Morris dancers speciality is " dwile flonking" you should be perfect!!! :imp: :imp: :laughing: :laughing: .

great tips guys, thanks for the vote of confidence! :neutral_face: :confused:

Baggie:
Most morris sides have a “fool”,whose job it is to raise donations from the watching crowd…this is done by clowning about,frightening young children,and hitting them on the head with an inflated sheep’s bladder attached by string to a stick :open_mouth:

Amazing what they have for young ones these days.

Harry Monk:
It is said that you should try everything once, except ■■■■■■ and morris dancing.

Oh I don’t know about that , I’ve ended up with the same clog size as my wife and my sister, she’s a size ten too.

James the cat:

Baggie:
Most morris sides have a “fool”,whose job it is to raise donations from the watching crowd…this is done by clowning about,frightening young children,and hitting them on the head with an inflated sheep’s bladder attached by string to a stick :open_mouth:

Would make a great xmas gift, I am looking in the Argos catalogue but can’t see them, I am looking under bladders?

UKtramp:
Has anyone any experience of this? A friend of mine is a morris dancer in a local folk group, he has asked if I would join them this weekend as they are a man short. I am uncertain as to whether or not to join them, I do ballroom dancing frequently but not had any experience of morris dancing. Just wondered if any one has done any before I commit to it?

Folk group, morris dancing, “a man short” and ballroom dancing all in one post.

Can someone post a picture of an ERF sharpish…

UKtramp:

James the cat:

Baggie:

Would make a great xmas gift, I am looking in the Argos catalogue but can’t see them, I am looking under bladders?

Try mirrors :grimacing:

So you have to jog about with a bell on your head.

Tramp, you’re made for the job :laughing:

James the cat:
So you have to jog about with a bell on your head.

Tramp, you’re made for the job :laughing:

I am hoping so, I think this must be why the folk club has suggested for me to join them. I hope it isn’t a big bell on my head as the one hanging in our pub irritates the hell out of me at last orders and can imagine it to be quite heavy.

UKtramp:

bobbya:
I think you’ll be good, after all you did used to be a red coat at Butlins.

It is similar bobbya I agree. I used to perform dance and song as a redcoat, this role simply involves dance.

Any chance of a video?

bobbya:

UKtramp:

bobbya:
I think you’ll be good, after all you did used to be a red coat at Butlins.

It is similar bobbya I agree. I used to perform dance and song as a redcoat, this role simply involves dance.

Any chance of a video?

Yes my wife is going to video the whole dance

UKtramp:
My friend told me not too worry about being embarrassed.

You should be fine on that score, not to mention used to it… I mean, you walked around in a Stobart’s uniform for a month. :laughing:

robroy:

UKtramp:

You should be fine on that score, not to mention used to it… I mean, you walked around in a Stobart’s uniform for a month. :laughing:

Good point rob, I still have it so maybe utilise it tomorrow. My youngest son is in Amsterdam at the moment and he is flying over here to see this performance so no backing out now.

UKtramp:

robroy:

UKtramp:

Good point rob, I still have it so maybe utilise it tomorrow. My youngest son is in Amsterdam at the moment and he is flying over here to see this performance so no backing out now.

Mate…if you are going to do Morris dancing dressed in full Stobbie gear, even I’ll come to watch that! :smiley:

robroy:

UKtramp:

robroy:

UKtramp:

Mate…if you are going to do Morris dancing dressed in full Stobbie gear, even I’ll come to watch that! :smiley:

ha ha I think they would take legal action on me,

robroy:
I tried it once but I kept slipping off the bonnet. :smiley:
Ithankyou.

I’m here all week. :sunglasses:

Tap Dancing is even more dangerous !

Is it this lot you are dancing for?

22007421_830477360453210_8865807711628536305_n.jpg

I’m quite a fan of ballroom myself but Morris is not my speciality.
Could try this book for top tips.
Best of luck and looking forward to the video with extreme anticipation.

robroy:
Forgot to say I tried Tap dancing as well, but kept falling in the sink.
:smiley:

:laughing: the corniest ones are always the best ones… :stuck_out_tongue:

Harry Monk:
It is said that you should try everything once, except ■■■■■■ and morris dancing.

…The difference is, that people avoid one because they don’t have an attractive sister, and avoid the other, purely because they just can’t stand the idea of dancing wearing a silly outfit…

…At least in Norfolk! :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: