More Pressure on Our Overstretched Services

Don´t care who they are or where they came from, just glad they survived. Well done, Mr Coker and party, for showing some compassion.

"Four asylum seekers were rescued by a fishing boat when their dinghy got into trouble off the Kent coast.
The fishing vessel’s captain Matt Coker, 37, said he came to the asylum seekers’ aid about three miles from Dover on Saturday.
They had tied a red T-shirt to an oar to attract attention, Mr Coker said.
A Home Office spokesman confirmed four people had been taken to Dover and “will be processed in line with the immigration rules”.
Mr Coker, skipper of The Royal Charlotte, said he spotted three men and one woman “in distress” on the dinghy at about 10:30 BST.
His fishing party approached the smaller craft, pulled the four people on board and administered first aid before calling the Coastguard.
Mr Coker said: “As I got over to them I could see they were clearly in distress and the boat was half full of water, so they sort of made a leap for the boat as we got near.”
He added: “They didn’t speak any English but they kept saying ‘Iran’ because I was asking where they had come from and if they were OK.”

Top marks for saving their lives.
0 out of 10 for not dropping them back in France instead of UK.
Last time I was in France it was a free country, let the ■■■■■ claim Asylum there.

“More pressure on our Overstretched Services”
or
“Under funded Services can`t cope with 4 extra” ?
or
“Tax cuts may have adverse consequences” ?

There are major problems with worldwide migration at the moment, true. But that alone is not the cause of all our woes, I reckon.

robroy:
Last time I was in France it was a free country, let the [zb] claim Asylum there.

Nailed it.

Should of dropped them in Chemnitz, Germany. They’d of been most welcome there :smiley:

Drempels:

robroy:
Last time I was in France it was a free country, let the [zb] claim Asylum there.

Nailed it.

+1
we have a winner. :slight_smile:

Genuine asylum seekers or refugees are required to claim asylum in the first safe Country they land in, so unless these ‘Iranian’s’ or 'Iraqi’s sailed their dinghy all the way from the Middle East they are just like all the other freeloaders that have invaded Europe at the request of the EU to live off the free money and housing they receive whilst the indigenous population’s have to work till they drop to keep these uninvited 3rd world illegal economic migrants in iphones and semi detached house’s, oh and did yer know that if they are foollowers of the RoP they are allowed to claim benefits for 4 wives and up to 20 children, that is the do gooders throughout the EU for yer. No wonder they don’t want to work or contribute or integrate they just want to take over and make us all work for their benefit ! WAKE UP !

Regards
Dave Penn;

davepenn54:
Genuine asylum seekers or refugees are required to claim asylum in the first safe Country they land in,

;

Total tosh. There is nothing in UK, EU or International Law, or in the 1951 Refugee Convention that requires any such thing. It’s just something made up by people to justify their own xenophobia.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

davepenn54:
Genuine asylum seekers or refugees are required to claim asylum in the first safe Country they land in,

;

Total tosh. There is nothing in UK, EU or International Law, or in the 1951 Refugee Convention that requires any such thing. It’s just something made up by people to justify their own xenophobia.

I’ll add xenophobic, to homophobic, anti-semitic, racist, sexist and ageist on my CV then. I expect there are a few more ists as well.

Roymondo:

davepenn54:

;

theguardian.com/commentisfr … l-position

The guardian disagrees with you.

Nite Owl:

Roymondo:

davepenn54:

;

theguardian.com/commentisfr … l-position

The guardian disagrees with you.

Unusual stance for the Guardian to take the editor must have been on their holidays, more normal for them is to be encouraging us all to put one up in the spare room, just like all it’s celeb readers have been doing, or rather say they have been doing while actually doing nothing

@Roymondo, could you provide some evidence to back up your claim ? Since you were a serving police officer or civil servant I’m sure you will find that some of these so called rules have changed and maybe you haven’t kept up to date with them because you feel they don’t affect you.

Regards
Dave Penn;

Roymondo:

davepenn54:

;

Inadmissibility of non-EU applications for asylum
345A. An asylum claim will be declared inadmissible and will not be substantively considered if the Secretary of State determines that one of the following conditions are met:
(i) another Member State has granted refugee status or subsidiary protection;
(ii) a country which is not a Member State is considered to be a first country of asylum for the applicant, according to the requirements of paragraph 345B;
(iii) a country which is not a Member State is considered to be a safe third country for the applicant, according to the requirements of paragraphs 345C and 345D;
(iv) the applicant is allowed to remain in the United Kingdom on some other grounds and as a result of this has been granted a status equivalent to the rights and benefits of refugee status;
(v) the applicant is allowed to remain in the United Kingdom on some other grounds which protect them against refoulement pending the outcome of a procedure for determining their status in accordance with (iii) above.

First Country of Asylum
345B. A country is a first country of asylum, for a particular applicant, if:
(i) the applicant has been recognised in that country as a refugee and they can still avail themselves of that protection; or
(ii) the applicant otherwise enjoys sufficient protection in that country, including benefiting from the principle of non-refoulement; and
(iii) the applicant will be readmitted to that country in either case.

Just a quick google search :grimacing:

As I’ve said before, I brought 18 of them in on the back of a trailer from Calais. In fairness I could survive a 36k fine and I promised my lads that if they took a hit I’d pay their fines, but it would have caused me problems and many firms running on far tighter margins would not have survived. But affording it would not have been all the problem, it would be the punch in the gut, I doubt I would have continued trading, it really does knock you.

Not to mention the threats and damage in the preceding months to drivers and trucks.

So I’m in the don’t care about them camp.