MODEL TRUCKS

Nice one Charles, I like the texturing crack on the walls and ground, small details like the worn sign and bits of rubbish lying about make all the difference… I’ll have to get back into my stash and have a fiddle…

Jeff…

1/76 scale Diamond T conversions

DSCF0802.JPG

DSCF0812.JPG

Latest project taking shape

Found this in an auction house in Rojales this morning. Quite big - well over a metre long - very simple and naive but I thought a nice and well executed model. The sale is on Saturday so I may pop along just to see what it makes - the auctioneer thinks it won’t be much!

Steve

A friend of mine did this Berliet TRH 350 he drove a few years ago.

I’ve been busy with this the last Month or so, almost complete still a load and figures to add but need a breather first. Not sure but this could be the first 1/24 Emhar Bedford converted to a Scammell coupling OSS tractor, although there has been interest in a after market company producing a Scammell Coupling conversion it seems they never got off the ground, at least I haven’t seen any anyway so decided to scratch this one and although reference pics weren’t too good for the detail it turned out ok. The outfit depicts newly acquired transport by an old and well known Northeast engineering company that happened to operate just yards from where I was born, my Mother actually worked there as a Machinist just after WWII and I was in and out of there many times as a driver myself, the company still operates today. These Emhar Bedford’s are a delight to build this is my third and I’ve got a Tanker to do. Cheers Franky.

that’s a nice model,Franky.i’ve got a similar one in BRS Portsmouth livery.

Nice model Franky,bet that coupling was a bit of a test,looks well. Mike.

Great stuff, Franky, My kid brother was Bedford mad, I have these two O Modles that were his, Regards Larry.

This S Type was originally a Regent Fuel Tanker, So I decided to convert it into this style, Regards Larry.

Cheers lads, fortunately the real OSS tractor used the same chassis as the short wheelbase tipper so I was able to use the model version also by leaving out the rear cross member and making up the runners and structure for the Scammell coupling, I had to watch a You Tube video a couple of times to see how it all worked, actually a very clever mechanism, I recall working on them as a youngster but the memory had faded on the precise operation. I built the trailer landing gear pretty much solid but allowed for it to fold up when coupled. I always thought the O Series was a nice looking wagon and those models you have really capture the look too Larry, nice job. Cheers Franky.

Thank you Franky for your comments on my late brothers O Models He just loved them, I have a lot of old bits & bobs somewhere, Most likley in shoe boxes stashed away, I will defo dig them out when I get time, Heres a Mitchiloti cabbed Scammell to be going on with, Regards Larry.

IMG_7841.JPG
IMG_7840.JPG SYTMUSEUM today

Some of mine from Gaydon this year.

Top class Jimmer, that Marintrux Scania is my favourite of all of your work so far, absolutely stunning mate.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk