Matthews of Yarmouth

Was with a Matthews driver in Muttenz on Thursday night, and he was broadcasting the fact they pay him £45 a day, and £35 night out money, but its ok, coz they pay him for 7 days and he hasnt been home since Christmas, so he’s raking it in! :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused:

Surely this cant be right… Can it■■?

I think he has joined Trucknet Buzzard Boy

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … t=matthews

I saw one on the Coutances and he seemed allergic to water :smiley:

No, it wasnt Gunner, i know of him from “The Other Truck Site” and it definately wasnt him.

This bloke had a Globetrotter, and was full of the proverbial, i think “Blacker Dog” would sum him up quite well!!

thought they had all but finished on the continent? see them pulling containers mostly. Although i did see one on the harwich hoek boat the other week.

I see em around a fair bit. Had a bit of an altercation with one of their old boys in Carisio last year.

Someone i know was going to start there until he was told at was 80 quid a day including nights out, so that money sounds about right

Trevor : Still squeezen’ 'em !! :laughing:

you will see them more on the curtains as they have know bought Derick Coopers Transport Norwich

Re- branded as Coopers in Matthews colours :unamused:

They’ve lost the Bernard Matthews contract from what i’ve heard…

mmm… it brings a tear to the eye when I think that I met Trevor when his old man had bought him a F86 to get him started …

i have heard that stagetruck pay 50 quid a day on general haulage and thats it, not sure if its true but it was a couple of years ago. matthews have a lot of hungarian drivers as bernerd matthews has factories there

sellia Did dear old Trev ever marry or did she refuse to sign the pre-nup…? :laughing:
PS. We all know its called ‘Meeeaaeffews.’ :laughing:

harry:
sellia Did dear old Trev ever marry or did she refuse to sign the pre-nup…? :laughing:

i thought it was maffoooooooowwws!! :laughing:

a friend of mine worked there for quite a while, he has told me a few tales about trevor!

harry:

AFAIK he did. It was some time ago and I think she came from a moneyed background. I think T.A.M. was always pretty wary of women before her . One thing you can’t take away from the guy is that he built the foundations to his business through single minded hard graft and had the ability to sort the wheat from the chaff fast; he was usually right.

sellia:
One thing you can’t take away from the guy is that he built the foundations to his business through single minded hard graft and had the ability to sort the wheat from the chaff fast; he was usually right.

sellia:
I met Trevor when his old man had bought him a F86 to get him started

:confused:

seen a few pullin norfolk line tauts down the m56 this week

jj72:

sellia:
One thing you can’t take away from the guy is that he built the foundations to his business through single minded hard graft and had the ability to sort the wheat from the chaff fast; he was usually right.

sellia:
I met Trevor when his old man had bought him a F86 to get him started

:confused:

PMSL!

I also knew Trevor.I used to come in on Norfolk Line in Yarmouth on a Saturday night .He was there to meet his drivers ; always a decent bloke. But where’s the fun in not taking the mickey…? :laughing:

Some drivers would do absolutely anything for international work wouldnt they…£45 a day…forget the night out money…even if it is £35…and hes been away since xmas and hes raking it in…are you on drugs or what…raking it in… doesnt he have a home…family…rent/bills to pay…or is he cab happy… his gross/net is £560 for 7 days + 7 nights out…absolutely brilliant !!!..should be locked up, and kicked out the industry…

BuzzardBoy:
Was with a Matthews driver in Muttenz on Thursday night, and he was broadcasting the fact they pay him £45 a day, and £35 night out money, but its ok, coz they pay him for 7 days and he hasnt been home since Christmas, so he’s raking it in! :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused:

Surely this cant be right… Can it■■?

Time for imput from a Matthews driver, my average take home is £470 over a three week cycle based on week one 6 days and 6 nights, week two 7 days and 7 nights, week three 6 days and 5 nights. I am home every third weekend usually by lunchtime on the Friday and don’t go anywhere until Monday. We do have a couple of drivers who do three plus months away but this is their choice at least one of them does’nt have a house and lives in his truck, one of the other lives in Spain has no kids and takes his wife with him. With regard to other comments in this thread, there are no soap dodgers that I know of on the International side, we have 2 Hungarians on ourside of things one speaks good english and is a true gent, I won’t pass comment on the other :unamused:

We do light clean work for major blue chip clients, we very rarely work long hours, 8 hours is considered a long day :laughing: :laughing:

We never run bent.

Yes there are a couple of drivers who ■■■■■■■■/exagerate but you show me an operation that has’nt got a few.

I hope this clears things up :smiley:

Hi Gunner,

Are you paid weekly or monthly? I have seen alot of your drivers either around Turin or parked up at Carissio.