Maritime Info

Tipperdipper1:
Holiday £145 per day taken.

I don’t understand how this can be. I’m under the impression that holiday pay must be an average of the last X weeks wages, so unless you are on a fixed annual salary I fail to understand how an employer can state a definitive daily holiday rate of pay. My holiday pay can fluctuate either way by as much as £30 per day depending on what my previous qualifying pay was.

2 things to consider when considering working for Maritime.

1 - The only contracts with decent pay are D5a on days, £154 per shift 4 on 4 off and D9a on nights, £174 per shift 4 on 4 off.

2 - You WILL NOT get on these contracts, they are old and being phased out.

Please find another employer because the other contracts are pants.

Are maritime and cardinal maritime the same company or is it 2 separate company’s that have nothing to do with other?

rob22888:
Definatly not out of date, it’s what I was being paid last week!

Hm, is that on Days (Mon-Fri) or Tramping?

Like I said they have to many different shift patterns

Sunday-Thursday Days/Night
Tuesday-Saturday Days/Night
Friday-Monday Days/Night,
Night Tramping
4on/4 off Days/Night
Mon-Fri Days/Nights/Tramping
4on/4 off Trampers
etc.

And each pattern has its own pay deal.

the maoster:

Tipperdipper1:
Holiday £145 per day taken.

I don’t understand how this can be. I’m under the impression that holiday pay must be an average of the last X weeks wages, so unless you are on a fixed annual salary I fail to understand how an employer can state a definitive daily holiday rate of pay. My holiday pay can fluctuate either way by as much as £30 per day depending on what my previous qualifying pay was.

That’s the rate for 4 on/4off Nights.

Not had time to come online but thanks for all the information and PM’s. I’ve applied for Alconbury Depot - 5 day Tramping.

Anyone know what the night out conditions are, where do Martime drivers park etc? Never seen one in a Lay-by

They have an account with all the motorway sites,just give the registration number,even if empty parking or on SNAP.

They also park in some other Maritime depots.

There is a piece in
Nottingham evening post can’t do the link thing they will be looking for 200-300 staff at East Midlands airport when it’s finished .

Monitored to death. Kids with sharp haircuts and pointy shoes constantly mithering to see where you are. In-cab camera’s etc.

Avoid.

Just in this last week Maritime have been awarded the contract to run the new East Midlands rail freight terminal, and signed to take over DB Schenkers rail terminals in Trafford Park & Wakefield.

Surely more containers on trains = less distance road runs to the ports = less nights out for trampers and move towards more day/night working in the container sector. Can reach a lot of locations in a day run from that East Midlands site.

Maritime will operate up to 100 hgv’s from this new site.

Gavc:
There is a piece in
Nottingham evening post can’t do the link thing they will be looking for 200-300 staff at East Midlands airport when it’s finished .

They have been chosen to run the transport at the new rail freight depot, just off j24.

nottinghampost.com/news/bus … il-2480928

I know a guy who’s just been sacked by Maritime for touching his phone while driving. Perfectly normal I hear you say.

Well my first question was how did they come by this footage in the first place. They always swore that no one ever looks at the driver facing cameras unless there’s a crash yet they can sack someone for just touching his phone. They were obviously trying to get rid of him for whatever reason and one of the pointy shoes mentioned earlier would’ve had to sit through god knows how much in cab footage just to catch him out.

Do you want to work for a company like that ?

Terry T:
I know a guy who’s just been sacked by Maritime for touching his phone while driving. Perfectly normal I hear you say.

Well my first question was how did they come by this footage in the first place. They always swore that no one ever looks at the driver facing cameras unless there’s a crash yet they can sack someone for just touching his phone. They were obviously trying to get rid of him for whatever reason and one of the pointy shoes mentioned earlier would’ve had to sit through god knows how much in cab footage just to catch him out.

No. Never.

Neatly proves my long-held theory, that wedges have thin edges.

Oh don’t worry, it’s a reversing camera to help you into places.

Oh don’t worry, it’s a forward-facing camera to help you prove your innocence.

Oh don’t worry, it’s in in-cab camera to help us to help you if something goes wrong.

Did you see that ■■■■ touch his phone?! Sack him immediately!

Terry T:

This is correct.

The footage was displayed in all depot offices on TV screens gleefully telling everyone this driver had been sacked.

I wondered myself how they had come by the footage. They have been scanning hours of footage to get rid like you say.

Absolute ■■■■ of a company.

SuperMultiBlue:
The footage was displayed in all depot offices on TV screens gleefully telling everyone this driver had been sacked.

It’s very possible data protection laws could’ve been broken here.