Manitobia companys taking on uk drivers

Sure there was a way I could have gotten out but I dont think they would have appreciated me letting 20lbs or so out of the drives although at least then new tires would have been in order.

Brentanna:
you know as well as anyone if you refuse a trip they will make sure you get the least amount of miles they can possibly give you.

Yep. Totally true. I have seen it on many occasions. No doubt at all that they can be spiteful. I don’t think I know Keith…

Brentanna:
Ask that little guy they hired that refused the trip to Thunder Bay because he did not think he would feel right hauling a load that was chained down, he had been hired for van not deck.

That seems a little weird. No idea why he would have an issue with a chain load, but if he was van then why did they ask him if you, or others, were available?

Brentanna:
Without a doubt I think everyone would agree that Tom is not all that honest with what he is telling and has intergrity fit for political office.

Absolutely. The stories I have heard convince me that he and I would have been outside in the parking lot in the end. He sounds like a loathesome little man.

Brentanna, had this been the tone of your OP then none of the nonsense would have happened here. Nearly all of us know how they are. Nianiamh never got past Chicago at BFS. Cannylad was virtually a Minneapolis shunt driver. There were longer loads from the short haul dispatch. So we are familiar. Hell, if you knew what was said to me then you would be savage I expect. If you saw what they did to Dave then the same applies.

Canny Lad:

newmercman:

bobthedog:
they had some real clowns come through the gates and they were bound to become suspicious of all of us because of that.

Don’t you find it funny that I don’t slag off Paul Brandt Trucking, you don’t slag off Keystone, Nianiamh doesn’t slag off Flying Eagle and Dave PMSL 66 hasn’t slagged Penner International, yet we all are less than complimentary about Big Freight, could that be because the job we all have with our new companies is the same job as the one we applied for in the first place, no empty promises, no outright lies and no being treated like a second class citizen :bulb:

Canny lad wont slag off Searcys either.

How ya doing Canny Lad Tony reckons he’s got a decent job on Searcy’s are you enjoying it too■■?

Cooper

I just happened to pull in had a few hours to kill the load was OD no night travel. There was nothing for vans at the time they were trying to give the kid some miles.

Brentanna, had this been the tone of your OP then none of the nonsense would have happened here

I have been a little upset, ok more than a little :laughing: . But at least hearing that the Labor board agrees with me and is doing a full investigation helps.

So they give him a load on a deck because they have no van loads… Why did they not actually get van loads in the first place?

Here is a good example of how it should be done. I loaded yesterday for Calgary. I was told my drop was for Friday @ 0930. In order to be sure of staying ahead of any weather, I left last night and decided I had better check the delivery address with the receiver. Guess what, the drop is Monday @ 0930. At BFS, I would have had to sit with it, and I would have had to fight like hell to get paid because I am under a load. With this firm, They will try to arrange to drop in the morning, but they will get me an empty trailer if that is impossible and I already have my reload through.

That is how it should be done.

So we do know, and we do understand. The trouble with your helping Tom out was that he would have noticed you. You put yourself out where they could see you. The only real way to do well at BFS, and you can do well, is to stay way below the radar.

Yup but not at BFS there you send 2 stepdecks to pick up a prefab house, and then wonder why they cant take the loads.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I still have Toms credit card number and pin code If I was not so nice of a person I could orders some things from one of those ■■■ stores online and have them sent to him at his office, a couple blow up dolls and stuff.

Hey Mr Cooper, sent you a PM.
This is such a good read on here it is playing hell with my Mafia wars.

Whats so good about another driver getting sover by BFS

I was turned over by them too, your not alone. Still a good read, I love people slagging BF off and hope you turn them over for $$$$$$$$

Brentanna:

Whats so good about another driver getting sover by BFS

Sorry, I read all 4 pages and didn`t enjoy it one bit.

wire:
Nothing to add other than to say that this is without doubt the most entertaining thread i have ever known on Trucknet, Ha ha!!!

I have been laughing my balls offat this thread :laughing: :laughing:
Oops hope thats not offensive :blush: :wink:
Well I laughed my ■■■■ off :open_mouth:

Seen a sign today in Twin Falls, Idaho. It read “■■■■■■ Flush $60”
The first thing I thought was Brentanna has found a new job :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Dave that is totally ignorant, go to hell, go straight to hell,

Brentanna:

Oh luvvy,it makes one want to flounce of into the sunset,doesn’t it darling? I could so scratch his eyes out myself :laughing:

FFS give it a rest,nobody is that interested.

You can join him, ignorance loves company

flat to the mat:

Brentanna:

Oh luvvy,it makes one want to flounce of into the sunset,doesn’t it darling? I could so scratch his eyes out myself :laughing:

FFS give it a rest,nobody is that interested.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Canny Lad:
Hey Mr Cooper, sent you a PM.

I’ve sent one back RR let me know if you got it.

here is a reply I sent to TOM to an email he sent: ENJOY

To gary.coleman@bigfreight.com
Sent: December 3, 2010 4:36:33 AM
To: tom.vandam@bigfreight.com
Cc: gary.coleman@bigfreight.com

Actually Tom I did not say Dignity and Respect I said " treated in the proper manner " there is a great difference. I dont think in the history of BIG Freight at least current history have any drivers been treated with dignity and respect. You would not have the turn around of drivers that you do if there was. Water flows slower to the Pacific ocean from the mountains than the flow of drivers from Big Freight. May have been alot different when Red was there at least he knows what drivers put up with all the time,and would have had respect for them. Using tarps that predate the company and look like patch work quilts I know that that scale officer would not be the only to look at that and think what a cheap outfit. I know you say that drivers dont treat the tarps well so why give them new ones. Well where is the respect there ? Give the used tarps to the drivers who dont take care of the equipment but dont group all drivers into that. Issues are totally ignored, or the driver end up with nothing for miles if the driver complains. There is no support if there is a collision or incident where it is clearly not the drivers fault none. When was the last time Big Freight systems went to bat for a driver ? At least you were smart enough to take the telemarketer type ad off the Job Bank site after I mentioned it, still does not make you any different from them. They treat their people like ■■■■ too. I told you before in your particular case honesty is lacking and you have the integrity fit for public office, my opinion has not changed. Your treatment of drivers is infamous all you have to do is go to any drivers site on the net. I did not include this in my reply yesterday no need to the labor board has their own opinion of Big Freight you are legendary there too and not for 62 years in business.