MAN fault codes

can anyone recommend a good place to get injectors from priced them up been offered them for £200 each including the pipe I need 5

£200 per injector is a good price for the MAN injectors

got to agree, 200 quid a go seems very reasonable if thats from MAN

the price is for non gen man injectors there a lot more from man got the same fault code again so thinking of just changing the other 5 instead of getting it leak tested again and again etc etc just hope i don’t change them and its the pump !

i can get genuine Bosch recon injectors for about 195

lee mat:
the price is for non gen man injectors there a lot more from man got the same fault code again so thinking of just changing the other 5 instead of getting it leak tested again and again etc etc just hope i don’t change them and its the pump !

It’s pretty likely it’s the pump that’s killing them. What happens is the pump starts grinding itself to death but it is often a long drawn out death and the whole time it is contaminating the system with metal filings.

only one way to find out are the injectors difficult to change do you need a special tool for taking them out

lee mat:
only one way to find out are the injectors difficult to change do you need a special tool for taking them out

no special tool to get them out, just a small heel bar will do, make sure the injector transfer tubes are removed before you take injectors out ! and be careful with the wiring loom, terminal nuts sometimes cross thread, good luck! :slight_smile:

I made simple mobile application for android phones with all MAN truck fault error codes

Has anyone got access to a list of fault codes for a euro 4 TGA? Trying to find out what 01056-03 relates to?! Think it’s an EBS code. Any help appreciated!

Phone any MAN dealer and ask them to look it up on the computer. I had a problem with mine last year and told them the codes over the phone and they told me what it was.

Rusty Nail:
Has anyone got access to a list of fault codes for a euro 4 TGA? Trying to find out what 01056-03 relates to?! Think it’s an EBS code. Any help appreciated!

Mine used to come up with random codes all the time, stop the engine & turn off the isolator for 30 seconds and if it clears it you haven’t got a fault, well you may have with the computer, but not the brakes!

codetalk.co.uk/

Mine keeps throwing fault codes at me,03778/10 and 03779/10. When these come up its always when im in the final stages of braking and it also de-rates for a few seconds. Sick of reporting it to Man service when it goes in to be honest.

dowahdiddyman:
Mine keeps throwing fault codes at me,03778/10 and 03779/10. When these come up its always when im in the final stages of braking and it also de-rates for a few seconds. Sick of reporting it to Man service when it goes in to be honest.

These are to do with the common rail system, one of mine had the same problems, and then it developed into a loss of power sporadically when the engine was pulling up a hill.
It was in and out of the MAN dealers, technical guys from swindon were in it every other week trying to find the problem, they never did so i part ex’d it.

I have two man units, one an 04 the other a2010, bought new, im sick to death of the fault codes,cant wait till i have paid them off and can go back to volvos, took the new one in three times, codes taken off, lasted a day then cameback, each time a 180 bill, i guess they got to make there money some time, very poor truck electrics in my opinion.

dowahdiddyman:

3779-10 and 3778-10 could point towards possible injector failure. Try changing your filters, cleaning out the fuel lines etc but you’ll more than likely need to get a leak-off test carried out to diagnose which (if any) injectors are at fault and go from there.

The reason it de-rates the engine output is to minimise damage to the engine if there is a problem with the fuel system. MAN refer to it as ‘torque limitation’

Hi All

dowahdiddyman wrote:

3779-10 and 3778-10 could point towards possible injector failure. Try changing your filters, cleaning out the fuel lines etc but you’ll more than likely need to get a leak-off test carried out to diagnose which (if any) injectors are at fault and go from there.

The reason it de-rates the engine output is to minimise damage to the engine if there is a problem with the fuel system. MAN refer to it as ‘torque limitation’

My TGA (D28 engine 480BHP) had these fault codes so was put into Feathers at Halifax all injectors repaired also the pump. But there is also a wiring loom in with the injectors and these are prone to failing.
If by any chance your truck is under warranty or an R&M contract then get them to repair it immediately as the repair cost was £2,500 + VAT. On the plus side my truck performs a lot better than it did. :sunglasses:

annitram:
Hi All

My TGA (D28 engine 480BHP) had these fault codes so was put into Feathers at Halifax all injectors repaired also the pump. But there is also a wiring loom in with the injectors and these are prone to failing.
If by any chance your truck is under warranty or an R&M contract then get them to repair it immediately as the repair cost was £2,500 + VAT. On the plus side my truck performs a lot better than it did. :sunglasses:

D28 common rails are quite rare, anything 2005 onwards will almost certainly be D20/D26 lump.

As a general rule the injector loom is only replaced if:

a: it is leaking around where the loom goes into the head

Or

b: the idle speed fluctuates on it’s own accord (this is down to oil leaking inside the loom and interfering with the electronic signals to the injectors)

Like you say, MAN R+M is a good idea when you consider the complexity of modern engines. You only need a couple of expensive parts to fail and the R+M has paid for itself.

Mister__f:

annitram:
Hi All

D28 common rails are quite rare, anything 2005 onwards will almost certainly be D20/D26 lump.

As a general rule the injector loom is only replaced if:

a: it is leaking around where the loom goes into the head
My man 463 back in man at avonmouth today to have the fault codes sorted, again, you could go and have man r and m, but i will just go an get a volvo next time, where all the bits actually work most of the time !
Or

b: the idle speed fluctuates on it’s own accord (this is down to oil leaking inside the loom and interfering with the electronic signals to the injectors)

Like you say, MAN R+M is a good idea when you consider the complexity of modern engines. You only need a couple of expensive parts to fail and the R+M has paid for itself.

Just had the call from man, air valve gone, £850 plus fitting, fan dont work either £1000 plus fitting, im begining to think the germans won the war, 6 more months and she gone !