Looks nasty - A47 Guyham closed for a while

nomiS36:
Foreign truck turning right and not payed as much attention to the traffic from the right because he forgot which side of the road he should be turning onto?

Muppet

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

lizard:

nomiS36:
Foreign truck turning right and not payed as much attention to the traffic from the right because he forgot which side of the road he should be turning onto?

Muppet

Exactly what my response was going to be

Wheel Nut:
You can’t ask the bus driver now, but straight roads, good views for both drivers and no reason for crashing. Police say unfortunate accident.

There was thick fog in patches further south in Cambs at that time this morning, so maybe not good views. Can’t say for certain as it varies greatly in different areas from thick fog to bright sun.

I wasn’t going to entertain his comment with an explanation and just chose the appropriate word to sum it up.

The-Snowman:

lizard:

nomiS36:

Muppet

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

It was thick fog here in South Lincs. this AM, so it may have had a bearing upon the incident if it was the same there.

It was thick fog here in South Lincs. this AM, so it may have had a bearing upon the incident if it was the same there.

DickyNick:
That’s an awful yard to get out of especially turning right

Surely it’s easier to turn left and turn around at the roundabout down the road I do that numerous times in similar situations with the car let alone an artic. :confused:

Rentadent:
Right hand drive Scania run by an English company.

bus5.jpg

rocketsquadron:

nomiS36:

O how wrong you are, it’s a Bretts vehicle. Try no be too quick to judge.

oh right. Fair enough. I couldn’t make it out from the pic.

The-Snowman:

lizard:

nomiS36:

Muppet

Whoa! I wasn’t casting aspirations!!! Just couldn’t see what the truck was. I’ve done it abroad, started to pull onto the wrong side before realising and I ain’t the only one!!!

nomiS36:

rocketsquadron:

nomiS36:

Of course you couldn’t.

lizard:
I wasn’t going to entertain his comment with an explanation and just chose the appropriate word to sum it up.

The-Snowman:

lizard:

nomiS36:

Muppet

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Tell me what exactly was wrong with my question as I hadn’t got a clue who’s ■■■■■■■ truck it was. Note the ■■■■■■■ question mark at the end which ain’t been edited in!

del trotter:

nomiS36:

rocketsquadron:

nomiS36:

Of course you couldn’t.

Going by the aerial photo no I couldn’t!

It was a genuine ‘I wonder if…’
you lot have jumped the gun and think I’m assuming “EE flip flop blah blah blah” ain’t ya?!?! Well, did I ■■■■■■■ say that? NO! You’re assuming it.

Goes to show how a few seconds of mis judgement/lapse of concentration can end in people dead,life’s ruined and potentially a lengthy prison sentence.

nomiS36:

lizard:

The-Snowman:

lizard:

nomiS36:

Muppet

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Tell me what exactly was wrong with my question as I hadn’t got a clue who’s [zb] truck it was. Note the [zb] question mark at the end which ain’t been edited in!

It wasn’t a question you asked. It was a statement that it was a flip flop. Most people look at the situation and photos (if available) and make a statement or ask a question. You have simply made your mind up that it’s a left hand drive and a flip flop. It may well be a flip flop driver but it’s definitely a right hand drive. FACTS are a wonderful thing to have before making a statement like yours.
My FACT in my 1 word statement stands exactly what I wrote.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

What do you mean by he forgot which side of the road he should be turning onto?

lizard:

nomiS36:

lizard:

The-Snowman:

lizard:

nomiS36:

Muppet

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Tell me what exactly was wrong with my question as I hadn’t got a clue who’s [zb] truck it was. Note the [zb] question mark at the end which ain’t been edited in!

It wasn’t a question you asked. It was a statement that it was a flip flop. Most people look at the situation and photos (if available) and make a statement or ask a question. You have simply made your mind up that it’s a left hand drive and a flip flop. It may well be a flip flop driver but it’s definitely a right hand drive. FACTS are a wonderful thing to have before making a statement like yours.
My FACT in my 1 word statement stands exactly what I wrote.

Sent from Platform 9 3/4

Wasn’t a question? What does ? Mean then!!!

Looking at the pictures of the crash there dose not seem to be any skid marks from the buses tyres?Could the bus driver have falling ill.

Darkside:

What do you mean by he forgot which side of the road he should be turning onto?

I’ve done it abroad when joining a road from a say carpark and momentarily drive onto the wrong side of the road before realising then swerving onto the right side.