Long lane deliveries

Plenty of firms to approach out your way. Forget what’s posted on indeed etc and pick up the phone.
SNT usually looking for drivers. Could try Boyle or Freightliner if you fancy containers. Sam Anderson at Newhouse is another.

There’s Keedwell at Uddingston.

Sitting in LongLane right now!!!
Never found any of the staff gave me “bad manners” and usually try to get you tipped sharpish.

You could cope a truck in the bloody potholes though!!!

15mins 5pallets tipped no bother.

Now for a tramp North to Peterhead!!![emoji108] [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

harrawaffa:
Plenty of firms to approach out your way. Forget what’s posted on indeed etc and pick up the phone.
SNT usually looking for drivers. Could try Boyle or Freightliner if you fancy containers. Sam Anderson at Newhouse is another.

THIS!!!

Don’t rely on the job sites mate. Im guessing I live quite close to you. When we were all losing our jobs a few months ago i went out for two hours armed with CVs and talked to conpanies in and around the area, phoned a few others up and asked to speak to the boss and sent them CVs by email from my phone. On the Monday inset myself up three interviews and assessments for the Tuesday/Wednesday and had my pick of 3 by the Wednesday afternoon. Use indeed and totaljobs etc as a guide but get your ■■■ out there
and knock some doors. Revisit places you’ve enjoyed working with the agency and see if they have anything.

My neighbour has worked for them for a few months ( not for much longer ) as he was nearly having a heart attack the other day telling me how much of a sh*tty place it was !!

he has been treated like crap from the planners and even the manager, being given unrealistic runs, 15 hour shifts, 18 hour double man shifts, being sent here, there and everywhere, then back again :laughing:

and my neighbour has over 30 years experience :open_mouth:

i think he has an interview with someone else next week :laughing:

H4L:

harrawaffa:

THIS!!!

Don’t rely on the job sites mate. Im guessing I live quite close to you. When we were all losing our jobs a few months ago i went out for two hours armed with CVs and talked to conpanies in and around the area, phoned a few others up and asked to speak to the boss and sent them CVs by email from my phone. On the Monday inset myself up three interviews and assessments for the Tuesday/Wednesday and had my pick of 3 by the Wednesday afternoon. Use indeed and totaljobs etc as a guide but get your ■■■ out there
and knock some doors. Revisit places you’ve enjoyed working with the agency and see if they have anything.

yes there are plenty of HGV driving jobs around the Bellshill area, i work through agency for one of them ( my choice ) and the company i work for is the best job ive never had and i have 20 years experience !

through agency i delivered to Long Lane and yes they are quick tippers but that’s because their drivers are usually standing there waiting for the stuff !! :laughing:

Also you don’t keep the same truck. Even trampers get a different one after their days off. All 16 and 17 plate Actros on hire from TOM airdrie, and I don’t think I’ve seen one without smashed bumpers and steps. They’ve been getting some new trailers recently and they’ve got tail lifts on them. Means you’ll probably end up doing high street deliveries and not just drops with loading bays or forklifts.
Never had any hassle of anyone whenever I’ve been there to deliver or collect though. Always looked rushed off their feet but still managed to be civilised to you.

I live in wishaw, i have been hammering places at the weekends with C.V’s, Langdons, Stuart nicol (been told money is crap though) clarke’s across the street from me, malcolms at newhouse to name a few, had a few places get back to me but the shift pattern is not suitable, as i get my wee boy at the weekends (court order i fought for so can’t really change that) im wanting mon-fri or mon -every second sat, a lot of the places are 4 on 4 off or casual, dont know if i have just caught things at a bad time just now when nobody is really looking, handed in a cv to bullet express in bailiston as i was told they are looking for overnight/trampers, bugger all word back.

Gordy81:
I live in wishaw, i have been hammering places at the weekends with C.V’s, Langdons, Stuart nicol (been told money is crap though) clarke’s across the street from me, malcolms at newhouse to name a few, had a few places get back to me but the shift pattern is not suitable, as i get my wee boy at the weekends (court order i fought for so can’t really change that) im wanting mon-fri or mon -every second sat, a lot of the places are 4 on 4 off or casual, dont know if i have just caught things at a bad time just now when nobody is really looking, handed in a cv to bullet express in bailiston as i was told they are looking for overnight/trampers, bugger all word back.

Did you try argos at the eurocentral.

Gordy81:

Langdons don’t have any trampers at eurocentral. Surprised Bullet haven’t got back to you yet. They’re always screaming out for trampers. Have you tried GCN at Smith Ave? Bit like Bullet but a bit handier for you to get to?

JHP Lanark are another who are looking constantly take from that what you will.
Allways in Hamilton as well.
You’ll get a fancy motor working at either of those two.

harrawaffa:
JHP Lanark are another who are looking constantly take from that what you will.
Allways in Hamilton as well.
You’ll get a fancy motor working at either of those two.

I know a few drivers at JHP and a few that have left. Guaranteed to max your hours on job and finish.

Have you tried Joe Pringle on the Home bargains contract? Hayton Coulthard might have something based out of Lesmahagow or Glespin.

Used to work in GCN a few years back…absolute cowboy outfit!!!

Tesco are looking for drivers mate go online

Im basically looking for something that lets me do my preferred overnights mon-fri and every second saturday on dayshift, the reason being is that i get my wee boy every sunday and every second sat overnight, was a court order i fought for and with his mother being unreasonable it puts a “dampner” on taking a job on that does shift patterns etc without having to go through court again etc to change days of access etc, got a call from JHP on wed but they do a 4 on 4 off rota which is going to cause me problems and a headache due to trying to juggle things about, hence why im limited to looking for overnights through the week, i know the majority of places work shift patterns nowadays, which makes it more difficult in my situation without “rocking the boat with the ex” hence why im looking for permenant mon fri work as im pretty limited just now.

Gist have a new place in Eurocentral too.

Gordy81:
Im basically looking for something that lets me do my preferred overnights mon-fri and every second saturday on dayshift, the reason being is that i get my wee boy every sunday and every second sat overnight, was a court order i fought for and with his mother being unreasonable it puts a “dampner” on taking a job on that does shift patterns etc without having to go through court again etc to change days of access etc, got a call from JHP on wed but they do a 4 on 4 off rota which is going to cause me problems and a headache due to trying to juggle things about, hence why im limited to looking for overnights through the week, i know the majority of places work shift patterns nowadays, which makes it more difficult in my situation without “rocking the boat with the ex” hence why im looking for permenant mon fri work as im pretty limited just now.

As said above, give Coulthards a shout, they keep motors at Glespin and ■■■■■■■■■■■■

From what I know, they’re decent enough, average wages, decent tackle, easy work and that they do tramping.

A.

So did the OP go for the interview? What was the thoughts?

Gordy81:
Used to work in GCN a few years back…absolute cowboy outfit!!!

lol I wish we could have likes on here ,I’m not a driver ,but not a company I am fond of

harrawaffa:
XPO are recruiting at eurocentral for day and night drivers if you find yourself still looking.
As are Stobart if you’re desperate to get off agency you’ll get a start with them.

I am off to Stobart and I am not desperate. Better than a lot of companies out there in my opinion. I have worked for a lot worse.