Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

R-Jacko

Rich I did’nt know but I knew someone would?

ainacs, thanks. What is he driving? Surely not his Turbo Star, they never last that long?

Mike

Tony A drives a Scania for a guy called Shaun from Northampton.

hi all , a few pics from last weekends truckshow at shepton mallet ,i have tried to feature local/older trucks , but hope no one minds that some of the pics are modern trucks and none local hauliers ,we dont want to lose site of this great thread ,but some pics are better than no pics or no thread ! , cheers :slight_smile: .
waters bros new forest scania 143

jpi soton

jason deans volvo f88 jc deans sailsbury

i think this volvo f10 used to be a shunter at dolphin hurn airport

ca stevens grateley andover

philip trim bere regis dorset

countrywide

randoms

:slight_smile:

Hi All
BTS is the name of the company Tony A works for Shaun was one of TMLs owners

Another pic from the Scrapbook Thread courtesy of Marc (Bubbleman) this time Danny Doveys old Foden.

Hi All nice pics of Shepton pdw ive always wanted to get to one of them shows but jus dont seem to get the time :unamused:
Hi Pat will try to get in this week mate (thats if your not cruising around France in an RV ) :smiley:
Hi Mappo yep bad news that mate, never mind youve got that to look forward to :smiley: :smiley: Regards Jimski.

Jimski:
Hi All nice pics of Shepton pdw ive always wanted to get to one of them shows but jus dont seem to get the time :unamused:
Hi Pat will try to get in this week mate (thats if your not cruising around France in an RV ) :smiley:
Hi Mappo yep bad news that mate, never mind youve got that to look forward to :smiley: :smiley: Regards Jimski.

Jimski.Do not ever write little notes like the one to Mappo.You have now got hundreds of us wondering what is going on.For example what was the bad news? Was it a letter from the vd clinic? Also,what has he got to look forward to? Put us out of our misery.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Cor blimey Charlie, chance would be a fine thing, no danger of getting a letter from above mentioned clinic.
It,s been a long long time since i,ve had to worry about that sort of thing. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What Jimski,s on about is the fact i did,nt get my new lorry as expected…gotta wait another month.

Hi Tony.I was only jesting of course.A clean living man like yourself would not even know that such places existed! Another month is not a long time eh.All the better for waiting. From the ones I,ve seen up and down the road they seem to be a well looked after fleet.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi All, see Charlie one things come in small notes !! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Jimski

Jimski:
Hi All, see Charlie one things come in small notes !! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Regards Jimski

Very true Jimski.On the subject of small notes,where has MaggieD disappeared.Myself and Terry Sparrow are desperately waiting for news of this coach outing to Alton.The town band are on standby and the local kebab van has invested in a new elephants leg.All is ready.Where are you? Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Here’s a nice photo of a Southampton haulier,Victory Transport,who I remember well.A 1966 reg AEC Mandator DOU 736D with a 40’ box on Southampton docks with Queen Mary as a backdrop.

Chris Webb:
Here’s a nice photo of a Southampton haulier,Victory Transport,who I remember well.A 1966 reg AEC Mandator DOU 736D with a 40’ box on Southampton docks with Queen Mary as a backdrop.

Great photo Chris.In my attic I have a photo of you buying a round.It will be worth a mint on ebay.Tried to scan it,but as it is in sepia it won,t come up.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Carlie one,dont know whats happend to Rich, maybe hes on holiday !! or maybe hes at the bank making a big withdraw to buy all the beer!! :smiley: :smiley: Regards Jimski

Sorry Charlie one got that wrong mate didnt i your Carlie are ya :unamused: i’ll pay more attention next time. R Jimski.

charlie one:

Chris Webb:

Great photo Chris.In my attic I have a photo of you buying a round.It will be worth a mint on ebay.Tried to scan it,but as it is in sepia it won,t come up.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

:laughing:
Send me that photo by courier Charlie,it will be worth a lot of money as you say.I wonder what the occasion was - maybe celebrating getting upgraded from a MK3 AEC to a MK5. :laughing:
I think Victory Transport ran in a yellow livery - or was that Pitters? :unamused:

Chris Webb:

charlie one:

Chris Webb:

:laughing:
Send me that photo by courier Charlie,it will be worth a lot of money as you say.I wonder what the occasion was - maybe celebrating getting upgraded from a MK3 AEC to a MK5. :laughing:
I think Victory Transport ran in a yellow livery - or was that Pitters? :unamused:

Hi Chris I thought Victory were in an orange livery , here is an early one unfortunately in black and white!!!

I know its not strictly Southampton, but did any of you guys have any contact with Ron Ridgers based in Lymington? As a kid, I used to go past his yard, right in the middle of the one way system in Lymington and remember looking at his F12’s with envy :smiley:

I think he used to run to Italy quite regularly but I could be wrong on that. I see his son, Ron, a bit but he is now in the building trade I think.

Thats a nice old 8 legger that guy been in lots of them bet my friend Rodger Daltry would like that number

jdc:
I know its not strictly Southampton, but did any of you guys have any contact with Ron Ridgers based in Lymington? As a kid, I used to go past his yard, right in the middle of the one way system in Lymington and remember looking at his F12’s with envy :smiley:

I think he used to run to Italy quite regularly but I could be wrong on that. I see his son, Ron, a bit but he is now in the building trade I think.

Hi Ron Ridger ran a few different makes here is his Scania

‘Hookey’ McKenna and Terry Moody’s dad both drove for him.