Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

Maybe 77 or 78 I reckon. I left Horace in 80 and he had been there for a couple of years.
Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Jimski:
Here’s another from Facebook

Jim a mighty Sed Atk with L! 325, looks like Phil Drake behind the wheel so it maybe after Stoke depot was closed
or it may have been Roger Grocott a Stoke driver or someone else■■?
Jeremy

Anyone recognise this guy? Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

I think that may be either me or you Charlie
But i wasnt quite so good looking so it must be you
En route either to or from Lowenbrau Munchen pulling for J667ameson

That should read Jamesons

Ian. I was never as good looking as you. I remember they used to call you the Babe Magnet.

I had nothing going for me except my charismatic body. My repotoire. My after dinner speeches. An my generosity and my extremely modest manner.

Hope all is well with you Ian and you are restored to the fullest of good health.

So what is the answer Charlie

Charlie let me remind you self appraisal is no recommendation and if wit was bull crap you would need all of the IHT tipper fleet of trailers to haul it away, Buzzer.

Sorry. The answer is me. On way home from Munchen. Nice little job. Only problem was 10.00 out of Dover on Sunday morning. Ruined going out on the toot on Saturday night.

Thanks for those kind words Buzzer. It means a lot to me. Even brings a small tear to my one good eye.

Sorry. The answer is me. On way home from Munchen. Nice little job. Only problem was 10.00 out of Dover on Sunday morning. Ruined going out on the toot on Saturday night.

Thanks for those kind words Buzzer. It means a lot to me. Even brings a small tear to my one good eye.

Was this yours at one time Traniht?

I think that is AOR 208J after it had been repaired note the modern grill

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

2 photos I was asked to put on,could be classed a So’ton company although not departed

I remember Mike Chappel… I think he is departed and Chappels is no more?

He used to have a yard over Segensworth way , before it was all built up and a very prestigious trading estate created.

There may well be a well known local haulier who has an interest in farming , horses , pickled shallots , sausages and Anton Du Beke who has premises in that area now. I believe he posts on here occasionally. :open_mouth:

I can’t say too much as his Wellow based legal geezer monitors this site, although I understand he’s in hiding at the moment after disclosing some unsavoury details regarding the President Elect in America…

I’d like to make clear at this point that I’ve never had a " ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ " , although I do recall a few at Victors that were distinctly off colour. Brown shower more like…
A very good job there wasn’t Trip advisor back then eh lads?

Mont Cenis…French / Italian border 1904 …I’ll leave someone else to do the " I think I spotted Mappo"

Baldrick 1953
Re Chappells
Micheal (RIP) moved to Shedfield, it is now run by his son Sam and Mark Harris, 6/7 vehicles the largest a Titan
with a 2 bed 4 lowloader

DISPATCHER:
Baldrick 1953
Re Chappells
Micheal (RIP) moved to Shedfield, it is now run by his son Sam and Mark Harris, 6/7 vehicles the largest a Titan
with a 2 bed 4 lowloader

Hi Chris I once borrowed a four wheeled dumper from Chappell’s and collected it on an Ifor trailer from his old yard and in the barns were several old ERF trucks, wonder if there still there, Buzzer.

Hi John
I dont know i will have to ask Mark when i next see him, I noticed no eggs on the shelf when I last went the cafe last week, you’l
have to squeese the hens a bit harder.

DISPATCHER:
Baldrick 1953
Re Chappells
with a 2 bed 4 lowloader

Ah, ok…
I didn’t realise the name was still going… Good stuff!
Thanks Dispatcher… :smiley:

Hola from the sunny side of the strip:

IIRC Mick Leach sold his low loader business to Chappels and he now drives for them…Dale Haines is on there too.

PS No one gets winter fuel allowance here any more thanks to IDS and it’s 'kin cold here…not that I am eligible anyway…far too young you know. Mind you I trimmed an oak tree of about 2 ton of branches the other day!