Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

De Ja Vu Tone…that’s the trouble when you co-habit various Forums/Threads!

Bev

All the best for Christmas & the New Year,hope you are keeping well.

Tone,

I’ll have to look back through the old tacho’s to see which one you drove :unamused: :blush: :unamused:

Here’s a photo of you trying to get one of our drivers back into his cab as he still had to get to Milan for the morning !! and he’d only just got out of the “Ferryboat” in Le Havre :unamused:

Also a pic of a regular on this forum who thought he was getting a Volvo with a big sleeper cab, which he did :unamused: :unamused: Can anyone guess who it is ?

Regards
Richard

Good afternoon everyone.I want to wish all of you a very Happy Christmas and to thank everyone who sent me their good wishes for my wife. I am pleased to report that she now has six weeks off. Then in Feb another scan.Lookin good. On that note I am going to embarrass Tony MMaps on. I know everyone takes the p**s out of him (Including me) But I must tell you that since last August he has been a tower of strength to me. Carers of cancer patients have very little support. Tony has been in constant touch with me and has been a :laughing: great source of comfort. Thanks so much Tone. Enough of that. I think everyone on this forum should put the hand in the pocket and donate a tenner each to the Chart one charity which gives help and good cheer to elderly lorry drivers. Regards to all. Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

a lesser spotted Mr Leach Scania. 3 years ago this coming January.

2012-01-10 10.36.40.jpg

Hi Richard, that top photo was I think taken by Roy ( Winky ) Talman.
What a cracking night that was…one of the more memorable ones.
Poor Chippy he did suffer the next morning…I don’t think he,s been right since… :laughing: :laughing:
The only driver I can think of that was into caravanning was the one and only Gerbil.

Charlie…yes mate you have embarrassed me… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
I don’t deserve any praise, I,m just concerned for a friend.
Anyway that charity you mentioned, could you make it in joint names please,
Cos I,m soon to join the elite Pensioners club… :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Mikey, I havn,t seen Micky Leach for years…do you know if he’s still going now. ■■

mappo:
Hi Richard, that top photo was I think taken by Roy ( Winky ) Talman.
What a cracking night that was…one of the more memorable ones.
Poor Chippy he did suffer the next morning…I don’t think he,s been right since… :laughing: :laughing:
The only driver I can think of that was into caravanning was the one and only Gerbil.

Charlie…yes mate you have embarrassed me… :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:
I don’t deserve any praise, I,m just concerned for a friend.
Anyway that charity you mentioned, could you make it in joint names please,
Cos I,m soon to join the elite Pensioners club… :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Mikey, I havn,t seen Micky Leach for years…do you know if he’s still going now. ■■

Mappo, yeah Mick is still on the road but I believe he sold his outfit and I know he is or recently was driving for Chappels (low loaders) who are now near wickham. He has a blue MAN with a semi high white roof, I first met Mick when I had a short stint with Tony Hilton in the late 80’s or early 90’s and Mick was on hiltons low loader work. I guess you lot will know him from before that, he’s an old pro much like Monty and Tutty who I’ve also met.

Hi Mikey, thanks for that info, yeh a few of us on here remember Micky
from his euro days driving for Springroad from Fareham.

Tony. Sorry mate. I made a typing error. The name of the charity is CHARTONE. To all you would be contributors please be assured that every penny of your tenner will go to the cause.No expenses or admin fees will be deducted. All will go on strong drink and ecigarettes. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Hi all how’s it going. You Tony were right that was me caravaning and still do my misses used to car and caravan down to the yard and we would go on from there and then the same on the way home.Hope you all have a happy Christmas and very happy new year. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi all just spoke to Jim Street who at the time of phoning was sat in the sun in flip flops and shorts in Portugal livin it up ! Thinking of us here in the cold he sends his kindest regards to you all,
All right for some ! :laughing: :laughing:

Regards Jimmer

Aha! Yes…me and Jim, soulmates in the sun!

Hi all… Just catching up after a long absence from these pages ( no , not in Wormwood Scrubs )
Good to see the old camerarderie and humour is still very much alive.
Wishing everybody a great Christmas…all the best, Baldrick.
PS… Will Mappo TIR Tone get the " Golden Sandals " award next year? :laughing:

Hi Balders, nice to hear from you again mate.
I knew you weren’t in Wormwood Scrubs cos Richard told me he spotted you
in Parkhurst when he was in there for running on dodgy permits.
Have a Good Christmas yourself mate.

Baldrick1953:
Hi all… Just catching up after a long absence from these pages ( no , not in Wormwood Scrubs )
Good to see the old camerarderie and humour is still very much alive.
Wishing everybody a great Christmas…all the best, Baldrick.
PS… Will Mappo TIR Tone get the " Golden Sandals " award next year? :laughing:

Hi Baldrick,

Nice to hear from you again, Interpol contacted me asking if you had moved as they could not find you, and they had heard a whisper you were moving to Southern Ireland :blush:
I said I knew nothing,I asked them about Mappo they said he’s not getting the “Golden Sandals” award but he’s getting the “Golden Rivet” when they catch him.

Have a great Christmas and keep taking the tablets !!

Regards
Richard

Oooooh I can’t wait Richard…where do I hand myself in.■■ :blush: :open_mouth: :laughing:

mappo:
Oooooh I can’t wait Richard…where do I hand myself in.■■ :blush: :open_mouth: :laughing:

Juniper Berry , is it still there Tone.

I don’t think so Buzzer…that was the place to go for a good night out.
Had to have eyes in the back of your head though, and your hand on yer wallet.

Spotting Mappo on the dreaded Faceache book thingy has reminded me I needed to pop onto here to wish everyone seasons greetings. It’s been a funny old year, many ups including meeting some of the group which was great, but also a massive down earlier in the year which hit everyone hard, and my thoughts will be with that family in the next few days. I have loved popping on here at the end of each week and catching up with your banter, it’s one of the highlights of my week (perhaps I should get out more!). I’m on a night out tomorrow night and when I get back Xmas eve it will be manic and I will forget to post on here, so I will do it now. Here’s hoping you all have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year to you all, and I look forward to having a laugh with you in 2015.
Nick.

Hi Nick, you made it on here then… Lol
You,ll notice if you havn,t been on for a while that nothing has changed.
I,m still the subject of most of the Micky taking, good job I,m thick skinned aye.
Hope you get an early-ish finish on Christmas Eve mate…I don’t have that problem
this year, I,ve been driving my armchair for the last few months… Lol
Hope you and your family have a good Christmas.

Dieselcowboy:
Spotting Mappo on the dreaded Faceache book thingy has reminded me I needed to pop onto here to wish everyone seasons greetings. It’s been a funny old year, many ups including meeting some of the group which was great, but also a massive down earlier in the year which hit everyone hard, and my thoughts will be with that family in the next few days. I have loved popping on here at the end of each week and catching up with your banter, it’s one of the highlights of my week (perhaps I should get out more!). I’m on a night out tomorrow night and when I get back Xmas eve it will be manic and I will forget to post on here, so I will do it now. Here’s hoping you all have a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year to you all, and I look forward to having a laugh with you in 2015.
Nick.

Hi Nick happy Christmas and new year to you and yours have a good’n ! :laughing:
See you in June ! Not long now so get cracking ! :laughing:
R Jimmer