Lgvtheory.co.uk - rubbish

The study materials seem OK, but it is really disconcerting to then have a set of c70 multiple choice questions that do NOT cover the material you’ve just read!

For example, just been reading the bit about drivers hours… so it then asks me about how long a paper tachograph lasts. I think eh? You what? You haven’t just covered that above… so I have to guess!

I mean, I paid money for this, because I don’t know… so I want to read to learn the answers!!

In a word, it’s cr*p IMHO.

I used the DVSA official book and then free tests off mocktheorytest.com found them both really helpful and both straight to the point.

Think I’ll have to do that RR92. I kinda assumed the website would have it broken down into sections and then test you on that section.

But asking me what a symbol on a tachograph means, when you haven’t just told me in the section above, seems pretty useless to me!

Just try and get a general knowledge of it mate.I paid £12 for the app and not one question came up that I had been studying.Uf I can pass first time anymore can.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Got an iPhone/iPad ? I used an app last year to study for theory and hazard that was brilliant . Passed both first time , let me know if you want the name of it

I recommend drivingtheory4all.co.uk/

Good luck, Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

I remember just winging it.

The vast majority of questions are basic common sense.
The rest… Well you can work out the correct answers through simple deduction.

I honestly did not study at all for my theory test.

Not the first time I’ve heard that. It’s luck of the draw. Similarly, plenty of folks think they’ve prepared for it and blow it.

IMO, the study work should be done thoroughly, not just with a view of passing the test, but gaining knowledge. The same applies to the practical. Why try and scrape through on a wing and a prayer. Get all the knowledge you can and it will help in the future. And my normal speech: study the HIghway Code!

CAVEAT No matter how much learning is done before either test, you will never know enough to cover every possible scenario in the real world. But at least you’ll be in with a chance!

Pete S :laughing: :laughing:

Pete S:
Get all the knowledge you can and it will help in the future. And my normal speech: study the HIghway Code!

I’m not disagreeing with that encouragement Pete, but as you said yourself in response to a post of mine where I was recommending the DVSA book (with pretty much all the questions and answers you could potentially get asked) in preference to an app, it takes a bit of discipline to pick up a book and study it.

I’ve yet to encounter an app which made me think it was better than a book.

adam277:
I remember just winging it.

The vast majority of questions are basic common sense.
The rest… Well you can work out the correct answers through simple deduction.

I honestly did not study at all for my theory test.

Couldn’t agree more. I took my car and motorbike theory tests with next to none (when I was 17!) and no prep respectively.

However there are a few tacho questions and such-like, I’ve never driven a lorry and have no idea whatsoever about it. Yes I can cope with them being the odd one or two that I get wrong in the test (what’s the point of scoring above the pass mark? Wasted effort IMHO :slight_smile: ), but given my lack of knowledge I thought having a read of their training material would help… however having questions thrown at you - at the end of their training material - which is not covered in the material you’ve read (or, now that I’ve finished reading it all, AT ALL across the whole site) is the sign of a completely [zb] training package!