Leggetts european

Ruley:
How is Roy.Last time I saw him was about 15 years ago in the canteen at NFT London Colney.I think he was working fo ELW out of Darwen.

He’s ok look! On for Maritime outa the Old Trafford depot now!

a sed ak my dad drove on trunk out of the peterlee depot mid 80s

Here are a few from when Ronnie Fielding first started, before the show work came along.

Ronnie and my Dad both drove for Leggett European.

Ronnie started on his own and after a spell in the office at Leggetts my dad became his first driver.

Unloading groupage at Miilansped

Nemours services

Calais on the way home

Ronnie’s 110, doing a bit of UK shunting

Ronnie was never a Volvo fan but this F10 bought a change of colours

First brand new motor, a 142

The UK shunting picture must be from mid 70s judging by the collar on the person in light brown standing next to the fridge trailer.The car sales in the background used to belong to Roger Fowler a 70s version of Arthur Daley.

wrote an article on leggetts european workwhich appeared in theJuly 2002 issue of Truck and Driver magazine,the info and photos came from Roland"roly"Cambell who drove for Leggetts for 8 years on the Swiss run.Here are some of those photos.I will also put some of my photos of other leggetts motors on here.
Swiss Roll.

I worked for Leggetts out of their Stockport depot for anumber of years on locals.Here are a few pics of my ERF and Seddon Atkinson. Broadhurst from Stalybridge were also working out of Stockport at the time, i hope the following photos are of interest.
Carl

A few photo’s of the time I spent working for Leggett European.
Woke up to a cold morning in Calais on the way out to Italy, this F89 was originally driven by George Osborne, I took it over when he sadly died, George was one of life’s characters, the only man I know who after an accident with a tram in Switzerland argued with the driver of the tram who had just taken the corner of his motor off that he should have moved over and missed him, never mind that the tram was on rails.

Somewhere in France, had this motor from new, comfortable motor to drive but next to no traction in the ice and snow and wet.

I think this is Ray Truscott’s motor in the Milan depot at Cormano.

Finished up with this motor, tipping tyres in Geneva

Ossie

Nice one Ozzie.

Keep em coming. I’ve asked my Dad (Roy Jackson) for old photo’s but I don’t think he ever took any.

Anyone remember little RRRRRRodney from the SSSSSSwindon dept. :question: