Layby etiquette

So you are allowed to go bush bombing during the day :laughing:

yt03:
So you are allowed to go bush bombing during the day :laughing:

Apparently so…
If you need a dump during the forbidden hours you would have to bake it and blow it out as dust.

LOL, they remind me of the ones in Stobart depots, reminding drivers not to squat on the toilet set, but to sit on it, and not to flush the toilet with their foot, but to use their hand, lol.

I love how it’s perfectly legal to take a dump in somebody’s garden between 6am and 8pm. Ha ha ha.

slowlane:
Some people are just useless human beings.

Throwing rubbish out the cab, instead of having a bin and throwing it away properly.

Taking a [zb] here there and everywhere. It’s a rare occasion that I night out anywhere with facilities - my preference is laybys and/or industrial estates - the most I’ll ever leave behind is a bit of toothpaste spat out and some washing up water.

A lack of facilities isn’t the problem at all. The problem is with the lazy attitude that infects our whole society - the British way has become “do the bare minimum”. Look at some of the rail bridges etc that have been around since the Victorian times, I seriously doubt that anything we build now will last a similar length of time. Our ridiculous attempts at widening motorway, with new tarmac already ripples and showing the first signs of potholes. FFS we can’t even build things like power stations, railway, even big buildings any more - we’ve got to get a foreign contractor in each time because our politicians have systematically destroyed this county’s ability to do anything other than rearrange numbers on spreadsheets.

Great post, and very true. All around London, old 70s and 80s office blocks are being turned into flats. I predicted this over ten years ago, and people said I was mad, and that nobody would buy them. Well the cheapest ones I’ve seen start at £290k and they are selling like there’s no tomorrow… Imagine the leasehold nightmare a few years down the line? It’ll be the next mis-selling scandal, which as you say, will just be some more rearranging of spreadsheets. The big firm that “built” these horrors will have been subsumed into another one with a different name, and nobody will ever answer for it. We used to be known for producing high quality stuff, now we just import people to make cheap and nasty things as quickly as possible.

Something else I’ve been wondering about; a few decades ago, we were being urged to practice “family planning” and limit ourselves to two children. How, then, did we get from that to “needing” three hundred thousand immigrants every year in such a short time?

You’ve all read that sign wrong, it clearly showing no ■■■■■■■■ allowed if someone is watching

Looks like a homemade sign that someone’s cable tied underneath the 8pm-6am no waiting sign. Not only is it a round sign on a square, the corners have sharp corners which the one above doesn’t and the sign itself would never get approval anyway. Not that it makes it pointless, locals are obviously sick of it and for good reason.

DJC:
Looks like a homemade sign that someone’s cable tied underneath the 8pm-6am no waiting sign. Not only is it a round sign on a square, the corners have sharp corners which the one above doesn’t and the sign itself would never get approval anyway. Not that it makes it pointless, locals are obviously sick of it and for good reason.

I saw the workers putting the signs up as I drive past 4 times a day usually, so unfortunately they are council approved. The lay-by is located on the A5 near muckley corner, 15 seconds away is a garage open all hours bar 12AM-5AM with toilet and 15 min walk away is a 24hr McD’s again with toilet.

there are some real animals out there.

slowlane:
Some people are just useless human beings.

Throwing rubbish out the cab, instead of having a bin and throwing it away properly.

Taking a [zb] here there and everywhere. It’s a rare occasion that I night out anywhere with facilities - my preference is laybys and/or industrial estates - the most I’ll ever leave behind is a bit of toothpaste spat out and some washing up water.

A lack of facilities isn’t the problem at all. The problem is with the lazy attitude that infects our whole society - the British way has become “do the bare minimum”. Look at some of the rail bridges etc that have been around since the Victorian times, I seriously doubt that anything we build now will last a similar length of time. Our ridiculous attempts at widening motorway, with new tarmac already ripples and showing the first signs of potholes. FFS we can’t even build things like power stations, railway, even big buildings any more - we’ve got to get a foreign contractor in each time because our politicians have systematically destroyed this county’s ability to do anything other than rearrange numbers on spreadsheets.

Rearrange numbers on a spreadsheet! That is probably the best line I’ve read in 2019 so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it incredible that to allow your dog to defecate in certain areas and you are subject to a £1000.00 fine, in those same areas a human being can defecate with no penalty…How is this? I discovered this because when I was a councillor, I had to look into the law/ by-laws as the boaters/canal barge dwellers close to me, were defecating on the local footpaths and my dog loved to roll in it :open_mouth: I made it my own business to stop it, as there are no laws that prohibit it :laughing:
Lorry drivers are not the only dirty bas tards out there.

When I had a dog I cleaned up after her. Horsey types don’t have to clean up after their steeds ,I don’t think that that is right either.

alamcculloch:
When I had a dog I cleaned up after her. Horsey types don’t have to clean up after their steeds ,I don’t think that that is right either.

Maybe because dog ■■■■ is toxic and horse ■■■■ isn’t? That said, I’m sure there was a trial of police horses wearing nappies in London sometime around the mid 90s, anyone else remember it?

muckles:
The question really should be why in the 21st century in a supposedly rich and developed country, where employers are expected to provide proper “welfare conditions” at work, we allow drivers to park over night in layby’s without the basics facilities we all take for granted?

You think who UK rich country.Most council now clean bins just one time per week or less.Goverment cut,cut and cut.And you can check how many billions was borrowing.

couple of years ago I used to drive down to Aylesham Kent on a early morning run. The industry estate runs beside a housing estate and the mess left by drivers weekending there was unbelievable. In the end the council put up signs stopping drivers overnighting there.

Drempels:

alamcculloch:

Maybe because dog [zb] is toxic and horse [zb] isn’t?

Horse ■■■■ is good for yer roses, dog ■■■■ aint … :slight_smile:

elsa Lad:
couple of years ago I used to drive down to Aylesham Kent on a early morning run. The industry estate runs beside a housing estate and the mess left by drivers weekending there was unbelievable. In the end the council put up signs stopping drivers overnighting there.

Stopped on the A66 the other day, some beautiful scenery. Walked to the edge of the layby and down the slope was all kinds of mess and litter. Who, in their right mind, litters a place like that? I hate littering, but I can see why people do it in say, Harlesden or Peckham - nobody’s gonna notice a bit more ■■■■■■ But that is such a lovely place.

That said, my mate works for a recycling firm, and a geezer that used to work at his place managed to litter a waste transfer station. Actually got pulled up for it!