Knocked down a wall after only 2 weeks on the road

I must say I can’t ever remba hitting a wall.
but I had my fair share of little bumps when started driving lol
I took a full set of traffic lights down on tight corner in central London in rush hour. knocked the whole road traffic lights out on road. caused absolute chaos. nothing happened about it. I told my govenor when got back to yard. although I didn’t tell him the extend of the damage and chaos I caused lol.
I flattened a ford focus in factory car park one day aswell.
■■■■ happens pal I’ve had some absolute crackers. I look back in laugh but ain’t funny at time.

also one of the lads I use to work with hit something every single week. he had been driving over 20 years.
he drove up a road and made a rigid 18 tonner curtain sider into a flat bed when hit a tree.

it’s just life mate driving big vehicles. U make mistakes all time when you first start. As time goes by the mistakes get less and less.

it when you get into a little pickle or take wrong turn 9/10 is when you make a mistake when your new. you get stressed and do something daft and all has knock on effect then end up making a mistake.

Ha ha ha, I remember, I knocked down telephone box at the very beginning of my carier. It was small town in Italy, in seconds curious people apeared in the windows and on the street from nearest pub. I walked to the pub very scared and asked what should I do, very nice people over there they promised they won’t tell to police. So I drove away, nothing happened.
It makes me laugh now, always when I remember this…

Joe Scotland:
Ha ha ha, I remember, I knocked down telephone box at the very beginning of my carier. It was small town in Italy, in seconds curious people apeared in the windows and on the street from nearest pub. I walked to the pub very scared and asked what should I do, very nice people over there they promised they won’t tell to police. So I drove away, nothing happened.
It makes me laugh now, always when I remember this…

If that happened now, the footage would be on YouTube within seconds!!

I took out a bus shelter in the very early hours of the morning, road closure and badly signed diversion saw me a bit lost, decide I could spin it around in the road. I made it the bus shelter did not. No one around so I ■■■■■■ off sharpish.

Sounds like your feeling that lack of ‘Professional Competence’ mate which is a good thing .Most drivers including myself have been there. I think You’ll learn quicker doing something like that as opposed to some drivers who have never hit anything and might have an element of complacency - with some, it’s called arrogance.

My philosophy for years now has been if in doubt, stop and check… I don’t care how much pressure the Office put on me.

first brick wall I err done was on my late fathers small holding, he just had the builders round to build a wall on some new pig pens and like a dip stick I drove up to the wall with a tractor and I forgot I had a set of weights on the front of the tractor, I hit the wall and the whole lot came down :blush: boy did I get my arse kicked. :frowning:

Then a few years back, I was nicely blindsiding it on to a supermarket loading bay and saw a cloud off dust rise in the mirror and as I got out I saw I had removed a large brick wall, then I had this old woman called me a stupid man cos the remains of wall was resting against the car. :blush:

Then another mishap in my owner driver days, I was in a flour mill with a load of wheat on the weighbridge when I was told to go over to the other side of the yard to get it sampled, now no one told me when I was in the office getting weighed that some dip stick parked a fork lift behind my trailer. I reversed back across the yard ( my old E10 must found some power from somewhere) and I never felt a thing, one wrecked fork lift and a large insurance bill :imp:

Learn from it, move on. We’ve all made mistakes just make sure you don’t make the same one twice.

jbaz73:
I knocked 50 feet of newly built wall down with a cbr 600 about a week after I passed my bike test. Bloody thing had just been built and the cement was still wet, went over like marzipan and there was a row of cars parked behind. I barely touched it with the footpeg :frowning: made me a much more careful driver ever since.

Got accused of knocking a customers gatepost in an 18t. Had a banksman at the time, even he went on record that I never touched it. Firm still payed for a brickie to rebuild it. It was a rotten, knackered post but now they have a nice newly built post and guess who got the blame.

I knocked a small garden fence in a travis Perkins lorry when I started. It’s was a really knackered fence, falling apart. I said to the bloke that I’d done him a favour. Free demolition. He went ape, caused a right stink. Firm must have given him at least £20 to replace that fence :unamused: .

Spash9113:
So after passing my class 2 test in may and landing my first job two weeks ago everything g was going great…until I knocked down a wall!!.

/quote]
Crack on kid, you may never hit another

The moose:
Hey it could be worse, you could have knocked a wall down after being asked to take out a 7.5 tonner on a “quick job” :unamused:

Hrm I took a lamppost out with a 7.5 tonner years ago when moving house, worst bit was my mate was “seeing me back” at the time.

I had 1 for got about the over hang,boss took 50quid a week to pay for the damage

image.jpeg