Key worker letter

One came through the post this morning for showing to the police if I’m stopped on the way to or from work.
Anybody else receiving these?

Yeah I got one from work yesterday.

Got one in post with my pay slip.

Me…

Too.

Our payslips have gone electronic and can only be viewed on line. It’s a brave new world innit?

Got mine on Thursday

I get one with each load or day work job .

I have yet to see any police on the beat, anywhere - including in London for about a week now.

There’s been the odd one here and there in a patrol car, or unmarked car vastly outnumbered by “car ambulances” - but that’s it.

I would imagine the police would challenge few people obviously dressed for “key work” - from going about their business…

If you’ve got a dog in the back, a bit of skirt in the passenger seat with the nearest supermarket 20 miles away, or dressed for pubbing and clubbing somewhere rather clandestine akin to the old “Raves” in farmers fields that must still go on…

Then - I would imagine the Polizei might have a beef with you…!

I have yet to see any police on the beat, anywhere - including in London for about a week now.

There’s been the odd one here and there in a patrol car, or unmarked car vastly outnumbered by “car ambulances” - but that’s it.

I would imagine the police would challenge few people obviously dressed for “key work” - from going about their business…

If you’ve got a dog in the back, a bit of skirt in the passenger seat with the nearest supermarket 20 miles away, or dressed for pubbing and clubbing somewhere rather clandestine akin to the old “Raves” in farmers fields that must still go on…

Then - I would imagine the Polizei might have a beef with you…!

Yeah I’ve got one. My mrs has a badge which I found in her car this morning saying “Covid-19 response team” on it :open_mouth:

Having a letter to show the police can make things easier but there is no legal requirement to have a letter.

Got mine also, have took a picture of it on phone for when I inevitably lose / forget it…

It’s a lot easier than slipping into the wife’s care home uniform but no where near as fun.

Punchy Dan:
I get one with each load or day work job .

I saw you the other week Dan on the A6 at Higham Ferrers
I hope you’re keeping well [emoji106]

shullbit:
Having a letter to show the police can make things easier but there is no legal requirement to have a letter.

You didn’t get one then? :wink:

the maoster:

shullbit:

You didn’t get one then? :wink:

Maybe hes not important like the rest of us?

I got one from work on Wednesday,I took a copy and left one in car and other in my folder at work as I’ll probably miss place it,wife has to carry her pass with her as she’s in Care work,little girl has had to switch nursery as the original one has shut due to not enough kids going to pay staff full wages.

I’d happily take the 80% pay and stay at home if it was there but there’s still work so they won’t do it yet,we share units between everyone and I’m getting paranoid and disinfecting everything before I use it,I’ve always been clean but this is a new level for me :laughing:

I hope Everyone stays safe and well…

If your a lorry driver your still allowed to go to work, why should you need a letter

Think it’s supposed to get you in the supermarket an hour early.
Shame I’ve already been at work 4 hours by the time it opens.

This letter. Is it for any truck driver. Or.just ones that do supermarkets?
1st I’ve heard about it to be honest

I have got one from the firm for what it’s worth, I thought it was all done ‘inhouse’, not by any outside agency or authoritive body.