JWQ Transport

lurch1945:
you have the name right.so i guest he must remember me, send him my best regards and i hope he has a long and happy retirement

Because im lazy and short of time today can you tell me who Gordon is ,i have a photo of my son sat in the drivers seat of his 3300 when he was about 4/5 not sure where the photo was taken,must have been in the days when his uncle Irvin Rachael drove for Qs.

hello tony i remember you starting in reading depot , and i am sure pete will remember you, i remember an incident with a scrap wagon somewere on the A40 north london with your new merc, shakysteve i do remember a guy called gordon from swindon a jock i think ex ralph davies

you have a good memory.took me a while to recall.scrap lorry nearly took door off while i was in layby he had metal overhanging nearside. made hell of a bang ,lucky i was m/t or he would have got away with it. one i not to blame for.most i was

daf3300:
hello tony i remember you starting in reading depot , and i am sure pete will remember you, i remember an incident with a scrap wagon somewere on the A40 north london with your new merc, shakysteve i do remember a guy called gordon from swindon a jock i think ex ralph davies

he was ex ralph davis,i was talking to 9 to 5 the other night in the pub ,do you remember hin from the swindon dept in the days of Bert Carvey and Irvin Rachael ?

I found this in something called Daf Talk which was given away at the 1984 Motor Show.

hello shakysteve . i remember bert and irvin . i remember something about irvin stopping a robbery or something i know a rugby tackle was involved . who is 9 to 5 ?

hello tony do you remember that overhead crane you fetched from sheerness one sunday you took it to cymbran you dropped me of in reading . i think the company was called siebe gorman

daf3300:
hello shakysteve . i remember bert and irvin . i remember something about irvin stopping a robbery or something i know a rugby tackle was involved . who is 9 to 5 ?

9 to five was clive ■■? a ginger nut and lives in Wroughton ,and ivvins my brother in law.

i remember clive from wroughton,

I remember “9 to 5 Clive” very well although arguably he was old enough to be my dad and we were a generation apart, I always enjoyed Clives company and got on well with him and I had a few nights out with him in Royston-Qs used to load roofing out of a company called Eternit in a village nearby called Meldreth. Isn’t it funny how we remember things like that easy but I have to remember where I live sometimes!! Hope you’re all ok chaps, take care, Terry.

i remember the over head crane job wide load had to be done at w/end had to follow police route through london. with your good memory i hope u cant remember all my ■■■■ ups which if i recall were many .

lurch1945:
i remember the over head crane job wide load had to be done at w/end had to follow police route through london. with your good memory i hope u cant remember all my ■■■■ ups which if i recall were many .

no tony i cant remember any ■■■■ ups .mind you my memory isnt what it was . but i keep getting something about you and some irish chaps having breakfast in the pond house a henry boot job i could be wrong

Tony Pete Lewis remembers you well and says hello and hope you’re doing ok, regards Terry.

lurch1945:
remember your dad, had night out at your grans then watched liverpool play.i work out of swindon most of the time,had a short spell in reading,always leaving for summers and returning in winters four times if i remember correctly must have been doing something right.terry ask your dad if he remembers me,lurch long haired bearded hippy

God Those last lot of pics,I had A828 AJB from new,and the little noddy jrd I had that before the ford noddy TOU 79T,glad I came back on here,regards Gary Darling

TautlinerTerry:

GAZ70:

Mark R:
Heres an old JWQ photo, sorry its not very good quality but better than nothing, does anyone know anything about this old Merc or where the photo was taken?.

can any one tell me if these merc’s had a proper sleeper,they always looked way too narrow for a bunk :question:

My Dad had a 14-18 (GRD127L picture is on an earlier page) then he eventualy got a 19-24 (KAN439P), the cabs were always described as “rest” cabs if you remember the later design of cab-16-26 etc you’d see them with both rest-e.g. Towmaster Tpt and full sleeper cabs, but those earlier ones only came with rest cabs. I remember a few of the J.W.Q. drivers fitted a second bunk in a d.i.y. style. My Dad included, he brought the lorry home one night (remember when you used to be able to do that?) he got an old door which he upholsrered, two car seat belts aquired from a scrappie, and it was hinged at the rear of the cab.You then had two sets of hooks in the roof of the cab, these were duley bent a little to accommodate the two car seat belt ends, which were screwed to the bottom of you new bunk-voila! a double bunk sleeper! Terry.

Some of these pictures are from Cavendish Square Swindon

Mark R:
My dad had one in the late 70s. As far as i can remember it was quite roomy inside, and some of them had double bunks fitted too. I also remember it being nice and quiet ( especially compaired to the Atkinson Borderer we had before ). In fact it was a really nice motor, although it was a bit slow on the hills, but a bigger engine was available. Ours was a 1418 not the bigger 1924.

This Pic is at Cavy Square

The pic of the Daf A828 AJB is at Wroughton Science Museum,Irv the swerve took it there for a truck show one weekend,I couldnt make it,I got a pic from the other side of the one shown

bruiser:
The pic of the Daf A828 AJB is at Wroughton Science Museum,Irv the swerve took it there for a truck show one weekend,I couldnt make it,I got a pic from the other side of the one shown

the truck show would have been a festival of transport or one of the early TRUCKEX shows run by my good self.

shakysteve:

bruiser:

the truck show would have been a festival of transport or one of the early TRUCKEX shows run by my good self.

does anyone on here remember Mike Marshall who drove for linton and hurst and T C Barry ?

shakysteve:

shakysteve:

bruiser:

does anyone on here remember Mike Marshall who drove for linton and hurst and T C Barry ?

Yeah.