Just wanna say goodbye

I don’t get it… now I do not want to cause trouble, but (sorry for asking) if an email was sent to another member, then there can only be a few ways that the email address could be known, if it was not given. The first way is if the address was given in conversation or messenger etc. The second way is if the address was given on voice over a messenger conncetion, and someone was clever enough to be able to hack into an open port whilst voice chatting. The third way would be if anyone who was on the management of the site had accesss to a user’s details. If someone is very determined, then there are ways of tracking emails…
The point is, you are doing a detective thingy without the relevant spy glasses. If a banned user has got back onto the site by reregistering a new user name, well, it happens. Simple solution to this, is to only accept one user name from any one ISP… Stop multiple user name access to the site. I know that this site allows users to have multiple identidies and it is not hard to get more than one identiy on here.

I have retained my same user name since I first came to this site, and I could easily tell you those that have also done the same. I read the threads, and I notice things.

If this is really a user friendly site… perhaps we should list all users who change user names periodically?

Get it all out in the open I say !!

Why not just do as they do and boot the ■■■■■■■■■ when they are banned but reregister and use an i.p, address very similar to the one they logged on with or even using the same one if they are on broadband.

runaroundtel:
Simple solution to this, is to only accept one user name from any one ISP… Stop multiple user name access to the site!

I think you are getting confused with IP and ISP. An ISP is an Internet Service Provider - BT Yahoo, AOL, Virgin etc. - and if you only allowed one user from each ISP you would end up with a very small number of members. :smiley:

Banning individual IP addresses is something that can and has been done on here however most people don’t keep the same IP address, even those on broadband will change now and again although they are more likely to retain the same IP for longer. So someone on dial up could have a different IP each time they log on. The numbers will be close together but they will be different so you end up blocking a range of IP addresses and when that happens an innocent user can find they are blocked if they have an IP in the range of blocked ones, that situation arose on this site recently in fact.

Sadly there is no foolproof solution and all that can be done is the Admins and Mods keep a close watch to spot banned users creating multiple identities and remove them when they do see them. Luckily these incidents are few and far between as most users are adult enough to use the forums in the manner in which they are intended but as in every thing there are all ways one or two whose sole mission seems to be creating chaos and disorder, or trying to at least. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

we are going nowhere buddy we will be here!!!

gearjammer

Coffeeholic:
[So someone on dial up could have a different IP each time they log on. The numbers will be close together but they will be different so you end up blocking a range of IP addresses and when that happens an innocent user can find they are blocked if they have an IP in the range of blocked ones, that situation arose on this site recently in fact.

Rikki,
Is this what happened to me? 2 months off the site and going scatty entering new passwords. Only back due to change of ID involving setting up a new email account for this purpose only.
If so, some sod owes me €60 for the spotty faced kid who sorted it out :frowning:
Only joking.
Salut, David.

The situation I mentioned was after you camne back David.

I’ve had a lovely email from Rob, I would post it but even the title wouldn’t get past the sensor.
To just give you the gist,
You [zb] [zb] [zb] [zb]…ect, ect and much more of the same! :unamused:
Lovely reading on a sunday afternoon.

Do you think his mum dropped him on his head when he was a lad, so hates all women because of this :stuck_out_tongue:

It sounds like he is a sad man

Wheel Nut:
Do you think his mum dropped him on his head when he was a lad, so hates all women because of this :stuck_out_tongue:

Anythings possible. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What [zb] this person is, what else could you call him? [zb] perhaps? I like both of these descriptions. Well obviously he has an extensive vocabulary of expletives according to Ladytrucker, I bet that made your day. I hear he fancies himself as a bit of a ladies man? Well mate, let me tell you something, this isnt a step in the right direction.

Tiggz, stick with your friends, by the look of things you have quite a few on here, so just ignore this [zb].

take it easy

Allrighty :laughing:

Much as I agree with you, that was a step too far over the Personal Attack line. He may be banned, but the rules still apply. L. :wink:

I still haven’t worked out who this Rob is despite asking in a post a week or so ago.
The only one I know is the bloke from Yorkshire who elicited all our sympathy when he was unjustifiably clamped on a trading estate while waiting to tip and then wrongfully gaoled for allegedly trying to run over the clampers.
Is it him? Come on someone, put me out of my ignorance!
If I sound a bit thick and out of touch, well, I have been away for a bit :frowning: .

Salut, David.

David, Hello

It does appear that it was the same bloke you mention. there was a bit of abuse to several members on the site and his membership was suspended.

He then returned as another user and continued in the same manner

Allegedly :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I look on this site maybe 3 or 4 times a month and find somethings of interest Coffees posts and stuff on legal matters etc but rob k s posts I steered well clear of anyway , mainly because a long time ago I found 75% of his threads to be waffling on similar to Jackanory revolving around the big I am, I said etc , my bet is he will reappear somewhere else in cyber net nerd space waffling about himself to the naive , :laughing:
So all in all I coundnt care less if he is here or not, at the end of the day he is the one who looses out as he probley now has nothing to do after finishing his agency shift :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:
David, Hello

It does appear that it was the same bloke you mention. there was a bit of abuse to several members on the site and his membership was suspended.

He then returned as another user and continued in the same manner

Allegedly :laughing:

Thanks Malc, just after I posted yesterday I accidently came upon one of his September posts about moving to Spain, and worked out it was the same bloke. I am sorry there has been so much trouble as I always got on well with him. Have to take Rikki’s word for it but I haven’t seen anything offensive personally so will continue to avoid the general slagging.
On the point about returning with a different ID, there is no problem with that as far as I can see. All you need is another email address surely?
Salut, David.