Just joined and i need help with a question please?

I see this quite regularly, often easily spotted from a distance as they weave in and out of traffic because they can manage 1 mph more than the vehicle in front.

Also these tend to be the vehicles that overtake you as you’re slowing down for the congestion you can see; as you say they have no concept of braking in a larger vehicle.

hahah aint that the truth you only have to drive on the M11 to witness the lunacy of a lorry trying to overtake another lorry up the hill near Cambridge causing miles of traffic congestion

I wasn’t sure if you were still here, as you are, it’s worth mentioning that those of us more familiar with Carryfast don’t anticipate his responses to posts to be typical of other posters, he is by anyone’s definition, unique.

Also, it’s probably worth mentioning that a few bad apples don’t spoil the whole barrel, many of us take the “professional driver” label seriously.

I’m sure that road craft includes the idea of making progress where it’s safe to do so.
You clearly think that if you pull out in front of someone eroding their separation distance and/or causing them to have to brake that’s not a problem with your so called road craft constituting careless or dangerous driving.
Sounds to me like you’re just another camera armed self appointed road police deliberately creating issues on the road to add to your nick count.Good luck with that.

As I said but you choose to ignore it. If your showing 50mph on your bike you are doing less than 50mph. Why is it so hard for people to drive at 50mph through the roadworks rather than slower and slower causing more congestion. Again same as it is impossible for most cars to not drive in the correct lane aka lane 1 and only use lanes 2,3 and or 4 for overtaking.

Same with speed cameras people drive slower then the pirates limit when they come up to a speed camera, if it’s 30 and safe to do 30 so 30. In reality 1 or 2 mph over the limit in most vehicles apart from calibrated Speedos will be fine. Anyone who drives should know that Speedos have to read slightly under the sleeping it is showing by law.

Thank you i see your point, i wasnt sure if his responses were typical on the whole you guys have been great i have my answer now its been enlightening

to those of you who replied with courtesy i thank you and stay safe out there. Its great to know there are professional drivers who take pride in their work and actually care about others on the road and seek to maintain a professional image.

To the entitled minority who choose to behave like little children and expect everyone to conform to their way of thinking and driving . . . . . well see you out there sometime and dont forget my bike cameras are always live and if you drive like an idiot im always happy to report you and add you to my ever growing tally

Again i have explained the reason but you . . . choose to ignore it

No one has said or hinted that it is OK to pull out in front of another vehicle with too short a gap.
If another vehicle is in front of me then I am responsible fro the distance between us.
Guess what? The throttle can be raised as well as shoved down!
Honest try it.

Those selfish self-entitled drivers who use their heavy truck to intimidate and push others are too common. Always blaming others and giving no leeway to any.
Probably all with the brain and prick the size of a very small mammal, but unfortunately non the less dangerous to others.

Apart from the obvious and understandable posts prompted by the OP’s, this is the most alarming thing I have read here.
An alert alarm prompts you to look down?

This is not a criticism of you, more of the system if that is the normal reaction it prompts and, if it is, the sooner they are gone the better.

I speak as an HGV driver of many years standing but who retired 21 years ago and have never in my life had a vehicle with such an alarm and, on the basis of this I am well pleased that I never will have.

I actually gave quite a bit of thought to that alarm tbf. The radar obviously “saw” something that I couldn’t at a distance that I couldn’t see. The glance at the dash was the merest flick of the eyes, but at 45mph that flick obviously translates to a bit of distance travelled. If not for the alarm would I have been paying 100% attention to the road and thus would have seen him earlier? Probably, but it is what it is nowadays for better or for worse I guess.

I see what you mean, but bleeps and even with false alarms, are not an everyday occurrence, so glancing down for half a sec will tell what that alarm is actually for.
In this case, if the collision alarm had not gone off?
I daresay Maoster would have been continuing along steadily and maybe not seen the idiot.
I do look at the road, but am I straining to see what mostly isn’t there? No.
We all look but 100% eye popping concentration 100% of the time isn’t realistic.

It sounds like the alarm might well have prevented an accident.
No criticism of Maoster meant.

Well at least it didn’t slam your brakes on all by itself, as I have read about on another forum, thankful for small mercies.
A mute point I suppose whether or not it prevented an accident but whatever it was it saved you from serious trauma for a long time to come, if you had squashed him.

I guess we’ll never know if the alarm helped or hindered really. I wasn’t being critical of the system purposely. The guy on the pushbike was either insane or not smart enough to think about the potential consequences I suppose. Either way it was probably the closest I’ve ever come to accidentally killing somebody, and THAT was a very sobering incident

I get that. Maybe you would have seen the muppet anyway, maybe the alarm gee-ed you up a bit?

I do find the system, in DAFs anyway, to throw up false alarms and be very irritating. I find it hard to believe better isn’t out there.
But I don’t think it wise to turn it off.

And there we have it a troll of epic proportions and not sure why I didn’t notice beforehand.

Mikethebike some lonely sad ■■■■■■ pretending most likely to be that sad ■■■■■■ cycling Mikey.

This camera armed comedian has clearly stated that pulling out or in on someone, at a slower speed than the speed limit, eroding their separation distance, and causing them to have to brake, is their problem not his.
He also clearly states an intention of ‘finding’ ( creating ) situations to further his tailgating nick count obviously by deliberately causing ripple effects on motorways by not making safe progress with traffic.
I’m taking his claim that he limits these antics to lane 1 with a pinch or three of salt.
Why would the majority of truck drivers want to risk their job and a prison sentence when all they need to do is overtake him safely.
As for bikers moaning about driving standards for every bad trick driver their are 4 speed and hazard illiterate bikers.

Also note the comment why do lorries always break the speed limit, no mention of the cars that constantly break the speed limit. But does not want to bemoan and little lorry drivers.

And does not understand a truck doing 50mph will be doing exactly 50mph, unlike cars vans and bikes that won’t actually be doing 50mph.

Freely admits to driving below the speed limit so even slower than 50 mph and wonders why he’s getting overtaken by lorries.

Motorists who pull infront of other motorists and ram their anchors on get exactly what they deserve, it has happened to me and the numpty ended up with a written off car, a bruised ego and got nicked in the process. I know of a truck driver who had the same happen, but he swerved lost control, rolled the truck and ended up in a wooden box. No thanks.

Simple answer to your question why do drivers do these things basically because they can .and know there get away with it never get caught.
And probably be same drivers who work for company’s that expects you to max out your hours. So there always in a rush to get everything done in time.

Bearing in mind trucks are limited to 56 mph and the OP seems to have made his motivations, regarding his wish to create conflict situations with following traffic, clear enough.