Job outlook for new drivers

Yes, it’s cheap. 4000-5000PLN for theory, C and CE, which is approx £1000.
I wouldn’t bother to travel to Poland and go through all the hassle with exchanging my UK licence to a Polish one, then exchanging again for UK licence.
There might be issues with those who don’t speak English. I have a Polish friend (who also has a British citizenship) who doesn’t feel confident enough to attempt CE or ADR in UK. He passed his cat. C in the army in Poland and seems to be happy doing Class 2 work.

By looking at YT videos it looks like there is more manoeuvres to complete along with a reversing exercise, walk around and trailer drop off/pick up. I noticed there is compulsory to go forward and backwards on a bend but also some that are chosen by an examiner, e.g. starting uphill, different ways of parking.

I passed my car licence in Poland - it wasn’t a bad experience, but the difference with UK might be that there is still some room for mistakes while in Poland they are much stricter. Not sure how I was able to focus on my test when the examiner never shut up - very chatty guy :slight_smile:.

And no, I was never asked about any cash incentives etc, those times are long gone. People value their jobs and no examiner would risk it - however it was a common occurrence during the Soviet era.

Franglais:
This Polish school shows car lessons with costs. Course of 30hrs plus theory, translator, and medical.
motostart.waw.pl/driving-licence-warsaw/
Looks like 3000 or 4000 PLN for a car licence? £600 to £800.
I could be reading it all wrong, but looks cheap enough for a car.
And here
translate.google.com/translate? … rev=search
and prices
translate.googleusercontent.com … sT-0MHjLNQ
2,500 for a C licence? £500 ?
No idea of test pass standard etc, but training hours etc seem similar don`t they?
No expertise from me, just a Google search.

Not just the price…

Look at the length of the courses! 30 hours of driving for class 2! I did less than that for my class 1 and 2 combined.

Tbh this seems a much better way of doing it. But the costs would be too high in the UK.

Hi there

Got to say its funny how the thread is about outlook for new drivers and you end up comparing prices in different countries for tests etc lol

From a new driver, yes there is work, but you have to start at the bottom, pallet lines etc, long hours, poor pay.

As long as you can put up with that, and been spoken to like a discarded rag, There is work there, I am from stoke on Trent, took me about 3 weeks to find a job. But i was proactive and rang haulage companies direct after doing simple google searches’, i got offered to, i took the pallet network one, big mistake.

The other was 3 drops a day, two days out over night. What could have been? i wonder.

Yeah, the jobs dead. There isn’t any shortage of drivers. I work for minimum wage so I must know what I’m talking about…

Now take a huge step back and look at what’s happening.

Cabotage and Bogdan and flip flop -

ec.europa.eu/transport/modes/ai … slation_en

Ok, so let’s presume the EU follow through (which is being pushed through now) and every foreign truck has to be’returned to base’ every 8 weeks and driver’s have to be paid minimum wage in the country they’re working in and cabotage is enforced and Bogdan has to be provided with accommodation outside his truck and tachograph is wireless so they can read it and fine you without ever stopping you (and same goes for Bogdan)…

That is going to kill every Eastern European company abusing it’s drivers and undercutting local hauliers.

IR35…

So the government (labour and conservative) are going to penalise the little guy but not Starbucks or Amazon. Nice.

CNHI are doing a VW on the emissions scandal.

Take all of this together.

Let’s imagine buying an Iveco for 30% (as happened with VW cars) combined with removing 570,000 (yep, that’s the official figures) of Eastern European trucks and driver’s plus losing even more driver’s who won’t work without that little extra being IR35 and will go and stack shelves or just retire

Now you’ve got a perfect storm.

Europe has finally figured out Brexit was a multi faceted vote and not just a small bunch of “racist’s”.

“Social dumping” as defined by the EU will end.

It’s an interesting time to be in this industry.