Jane Ellison MP Financial Secretary to treasury

Just been reading the night out allowance thread about where this excuse of a human being point blank refused to meet with the RHA time and time again to go over their concerns of the new procedures HMRC a have put in place so drivers still qualify for tax free night out allowance, or in other words moving the goalposts on a system that has been in place over 25 year.
So I thought I’d have a look at her expenditure claims on the net and it makes good reading. A newspaper article from 2010 claims that she claimed the most expenses out of any London based MP, another article reports that she claimed £11 from the tax payer for doing a video link and in another article it is claimed that between 2015-2016 she had claimed back from the tax payer expenses totalling over £32,000 :unamused:
Great work if you can get it eh.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
Just been reading the night out allowance thread about where this excuse of a human being point blank refused to meet with the RHA time and time again to go over their concerns of the new procedures HMRC a have put in place so drivers still qualify for tax free night out allowance, or in other words moving the goalposts on a system that has been in place over 25 year.
So I thought I’d have a look at her expenditure claims on the net and it makes good reading. A newspaper article from 2010 claims that she claimed the most expenses out of any London based MP, another article reports that she claimed £11 from the tax payer for doing a video link and in another article it is claimed that between 2015-2016 she had claimed back from the tax payer expenses totalling over £32,000 :unamused:
Great work if you can get it eh.

They always say poachers make the best gamekeepers

MP for a party elected on a manifesto saying no increase in taxes ? So they’re taxing a small group ( LGV trampers) hoping to raise cash without losing too many votes? No wonder she’s hiding!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:
MP for a party elected on a manifesto saying no increase in taxes ? So they’re taxing a small group ( LGV trampers) hoping to raise cash without losing too many votes? No wonder she’s hiding!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Is it raising tax though? Technically speaking they’re just bringing an expense into scope of tax. Not saying I agree with it. We’ve only really got ourselves to blame, as most on nights out do it for the extra money, not just being reimbursed for expenses of the job, but actually using it to make up the poor wages in the industry

I certainly don’t agree with what the government is trying to do, but like Ovlov says, when so many regard night out money as part of a wage then it’s not too surprising that the powers that be do too and expect their cut of it. Yet again, the RHA wants its cake and wants to eat it on behalf of its members, who should not be expecting drivers to use night out money to bump their take-home up to what might be considered a decent sum.

As for the politician woman, I can’t blame her for knocking back invitations from the RHA. I certainly wouldn’t want to meet them either.

It aint really surprising. The majority of these MP parasites are on the gravy train with their big snouts firmly in the trough.
One rule for them, one for everybody else, if you vote for them it just encourages them, everybody should spoil their ballot paper to send out a message that we have had enough.
You might say the risk would be that the wrong party got in…so what? They are all the ■■■■ same.