Is it worth upgrading to class 1?

It’s seeming the majority are favouring class 1 as it’s less back breaking work but generally it’s seeming the pay for class 2 work is reflecting that hard work.
The company I’ve been working for recently, they brought there class 2 drivers up to nearly the same pay as class 1 as they realised there was more work involved doing 12 drops an 5 or so collections. Than 4 drops with more pallets per drop on the class 1 side.

Once I get the money behind me to get booked up on a class 1 course. I think I’ll go for it. Never know till you’ve tried it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Jmarks1227:
It’s seeming the majority are favouring class 1 as it’s less back breaking work but generally it’s seeming the pay for class 2 work is reflecting that hard work.
The company I’ve been working for recently, they brought there class 2 drivers up to nearly the same pay as class 1 as they realised there was more work involved doing 12 drops an 5 or so collections. Than 4 drops with more pallets per drop on the class 1 side.

Once I get the money behind me to get booked up on a class 1 course. I think I’ll go for it. Never know till you’ve tried it.

Im in the exact same mind space would rather have it then need it or worse be refused work because i didnt go for class 1

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

brianchalkyshaw:

Jmarks1227:

Im in the exact same mind space would rather have it then need it or worse be refused work because i didnt go for class 1

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quite possibly always have work available to. Struggle to find class 1 work can always still use the class 2 till a position becomes available. Best of both worlds.

One thing I’ve realised with working life. ( Although I’m not as old as some on here)

Is give yourself options

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

I echo the giving yourself options route. I’m a new Class 2 pass awaiting my cards back but I think if I take to it I’ll aim for Class 1 rating within a year or so to give me options. I want to go tramping I think and that might be more likely with Class 1 possibly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk