IP UNBLOCKED

Can’t get trucknet -my IP adrress is blocked ,is this deliberate or intentional?

harry:
Can’t get trucknet -my IP adrress is blocked ,is this deliberate or intentional?

well if you cant get it how did you get here ■■

Well,I went next door.

seems odd if it was deliberate because you can still use your account from another IP address and if they did not mean you to post on here then the normal thing is to firstly inform you and then restrict or block your account

Could it be that another site you tried to join considered you as spam and then invoked a blocker which affected many sites using that spam blocker ?

Thanks for that ,Rog. I’m on a free proxie now.

Still blocked - any suggestions ,apart from using a proxy?

harry:
Still blocked - any suggestions ,apart from using a proxy?

Is it just this site you’re IP is blocked on ?

If it’s only this site that has blocked your IP it’s possible that someone who previously had your IP address was banned, I suppose the quickest solution would be to try changing your IP address if you can.

How you change your IP will depend on the ISP provider you use, if you don’t already know it check your IP address here, then try rebooting your modem/router.
If that doesn’t change your IP address (it’s likely that it won’t I’m afraid) PM the admin and ask them to check to see why it’s blocked/banned here, if it is banned on this site the admin should be able to unblock it for you.

I’d need to know which IP address is used to see if it is on the banned list.

Moved the topic to feedback forum.

Thanks for that Tacho. I’ve even tried a VPN but it will only open the first page and freezes.

go here
whatismyip.com/
to find your ip for the admin to sort it for you…

qwakers:
go here
whatismyip.com/
to find your ip for the admin to sort it for you…

That’s the IP address which the link in Tachographs post goes to.

of course it is, it just reports the ip of the person that clicks the link.

I’ve pm’d the IP to Colindl ,just waiting for the result. This is Boom proxy but it’s full of glitches. If I use a smiley it jumps websites.

try hidemyass

qwakers:
try hidemyass

There was a time when my ISP (Virgin :unamused: ) routed my TN connection via a server that couldn’t handle it for some reason.
All other websites I used at the time were unaffected.

It took about three weeks to get it sorted, but it was Virgin’s fault all along… of course they denied it. :frowning:

I used hidemyass, but it kept logging me out for no reason and doing other strange stuff. :open_mouth:

dieseldave:

qwakers:
try hidemyass

There was a time when my ISP (Virgin :unamused: ) routed my TN connection via a server that couldn’t handle it for some reason.

It took about three weeks to get it sorted, but it was Virgin’s fault all along… of course they denied it. :frowning:

That’s more likely a DNS issue, Dave. I think Harry is saying that when he tries to access the site using his normal IP it’s actually saying on the screen that his IP has been banned.

Unfortunately if you are in the habit of banning members from here that use a dynamic IP from one of the big ISPs then it’s inevitable that other innocent members get caught up in this when the ISP recycles their IPs, especially on a forum of this magnitude. There are no easy solutions to it either.

Harry could try contacting his ISP and asking if it is possible for them to issue him with a different IP but generally speaking the ISPs are wise to this and assume that you’ve been causing trouble and been banned yourself, so won’t do it. If he is on a dynamic IP then switching his router off for a prolonged period so that his IP lease expires should do the trick and his ISP will automatically issue him with a new IP when he switches the router back on. Switching it off overnight would be my suggestion to try in the first instance but that is of course assuming he is on a dynamic IP; if he’s on a static IP then this won’t change anything and his options are limited.

dieseldave:

qwakers:
try hidemyass

I used hidemyass, but it kept logging me out for no reason and doing other strange stuff. :open_mouth:

This is also Vigin - I got 4 computers/ipads etc & had an hours session with Virgin Help but are still all blocked

Left hand down!:

dieseldave:

qwakers:
try hidemyass

That’s more likely a DNS issue, Dave. I think Harry is saying that when he tries to access the site using his normal IP it’s actually saying on the screen that his IP has been banned.

Unfortunately if you are in the habit of banning members from here that use a dynamic IP from one of the big ISPs then it’s inevitable that other innocent members get caught up in this when the ISP recycles their IPs, especially on a forum of this magnitude. There are no easy solutions to it either.

Harry could try contacting his ISP and asking if it is possible for them to issue him with a different IP but generally speaking the ISPs are wise to this and assume that you’ve been causing trouble and been banned yourself, so won’t do it. If he is on a dynamic IP then switching his router off for a prolonged period so that his IP lease expires should do the trick and his ISP will automatically issue him with a new IP when he switches the router back on. Switching it off overnight would be my suggestion to try in the first instance but that is of course assuming he is on a dynamic IP; if he’s on a static IP then this won’t change anything and his options are limited.

Thanks for that. How do I find out if its dynamic?

Just googled it up & its static.

harry:

dieseldave:

qwakers:
try hidemyass

This is also Vigin - I got 4 computers/ipads etc & had an hours session with Virgin Help but are still all blocked

I’m sorry to hear about this harry, but rest assured if it turns out that your IP is banned for some reason, we’ll very quickly un-ban it for you.

I’ve read LHD’s very good advice above, and I think it’s worth you taking up his suggestion to unplug your router overnight because there’s no downside to it.

I don’t want to tread on Col’s toes here, but if he’s not around… I can deal with looking into this for you and un-banning your IP if that’s what turns out to be the trouble. Please feel free to PM me if needed.

I’ll just add that when my ‘glitch’ occurred, it was only my home IP that was affected, I could log-in on my lappy or iPhone from anywhere else. Probably a DNS problem as LHD said.

I had a problem with this a while ago, I had to use a proxy server to access TNUK but seems to have sorted its self out.
I did read the forum had some issues with Virgin who I am with, but again seems to be sorted now fingers crossed.