Interactive cruise control?

Conor:

Juddian:
That predictive cruise is the one that reads the topography and cuts power allowing the vehicle to slow down before the top of summit so it can free wheel (much to the annoyance of lorries following), though we call it ecoroll :unamused:

What lorry is this on? They have Ecoroll on the DAFs but it doesn’t kick in until you’re on overrun so only kicks in once you’re going downhill and I can only assume the reason for that is so that you can go faster and travel further once you stop descending without using engine power.

If it is specced on the DAF what juddain basically says is correct It basically freewheels over the crest of the hill…If the link works it will explain PCC in a video

youtu.be/yBLoNiLszYA
youtu.be/hLHP6alRgqo
youtu.be/_zEFtoxa0l0

There are a few training videos on you tube…The part about cruise control is good ,as we have already had people defect the crise control for staying engaged …Pity people can’t read the hand books …We are busy enough without wasting time on people who can’t read a book

Win-Stone:
Isn’t ‘adaptive cruise control’ just a glorified/electronic equivalent of something called ‘an acceletator pedal’?

They are even doing away with pedals now [emoji23] the new Nissan leaf has 1 pedal. ■■■■ that!

SouthEastCashew:

Win-Stone:
Isn’t ‘adaptive cruise control’ just a glorified/electronic equivalent of something called ‘an acceletator pedal’?

They are even doing away with pedals now [emoji23] the new Nissan leaf has 1 pedal. [zb] that!

I had it on my Golf R.

Absolute pain in the arse, and if you were the easily distracted type it would divert your attention from other more important factors of your driving.

Franglais:
ACC.

Im not a fan of it. As Juddian explained very eloquently it does nothing that a competent driver cant do, (and do better) but it`s over use prevents a driver becoming competent.

^^^
This
Not needed at all, just yet more ecu’s to go ■■■■ up and takes even more away from a driver controlling a truck as he/she should. A bit old school but like to know whats going on under me without electronic ‘aids’ doing it for me…

norb:
If it is specced on the DAF what juddain basically says is correct It basically freewheels over the crest of the hill…If the link works it will explain PCC in a video

The DAFs don’t that I drive which have it fitted and that is on everything from 64 plate to 67 plate. It’ll only go into neutral once you’re already descending and on overrun.

Conor:

norb:

The DAFs don’t that I drive which have it fitted and that is on everything from 64 plate to 67 plate. It’ll only go into neutral once you’re already descending and on overrun.

Then you have ACC fitted not PCC. I believe ACC us part of Euro6 now? PCC is optional.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

I dont know one system from another as all i know is how to turn it on or off, and i dont use it unless on a very long stretch of motorway…i even knew of one company who blocked it off so drivers couldnt use it, theyre ok if you want to give your right foot a rest, other than that. they can be dangerous in my opinion.

I dont know one system from another as all i know is how to turn it on or off, and i dont use it unless on a very long stretch of motorway…i even knew of one company who blocked it off so drivers couldnt use it, theyre ok if you want to give your right foot a rest, other than that. they can be dangerous in my opinion.

Franglais:

Conor:

Then you have ACC fitted not PCC. I believe ACC us part of Euro6 now? PCC is optional.

That would make sense. I’ve heard of the one you were on about, just not driven anything with it in. Suppose it doesn’t help that DAF call theirs Ecoroll on the ACC.

Conor:
It has its positives and its negatives.

The positives are pretty much basically when going through speed restricted roadworks like M1 around Nottingham or M6 J16-19 or following a mate. Stick it on, happy days. Definitely less stressful in the speed restricted roadworks.

Negative is if you’re driving down the road and not paying attention you can look down at your speedo and realise that instead of doing the 56MPH you were expecting you’re either doing 52MPH if you’re behind a Maritime motor or 50MPH if you’re behind a Sainsbury’s. Because the speed decrease is gradual you may not even notice it. Also when climbing a hill and you’re catching a motor in front of you if you forget you’ve got it on it activates, you lose all momentum then that motor you were catching disappears ahead of you into the distance.

Lets put it this way, I don’t know of a driver at our place who when they set off turn off both that and the lane change warning. With me its got to being a reflex action, put in drive, take off park brake, turn off ACC and lane change.

I use ACC in heavy traffic and roadworks and just normal cruise on quiet motorways for the exact reason you mention. I love ACC personally

switchlogic:

Conor:
It has its positives and its negatives.

The positives are pretty much basically when going through speed restricted roadworks like M1 around Nottingham or M6 J16-19 or following a mate. Stick it on, happy days. Definitely less stressful in the speed restricted roadworks.

Negative is if you’re driving down the road and not paying attention you can look down at your speedo and realise that instead of doing the 56MPH you were expecting you’re either doing 52MPH if you’re behind a Maritime motor or 50MPH if you’re behind a Sainsbury’s. Because the speed decrease is gradual you may not even notice it. Also when climbing a hill and you’re catching a motor in front of you if you forget you’ve got it on it activates, you lose all momentum then that motor you were catching disappears ahead of you into the distance.

Lets put it this way, I don’t know of a driver at our place who when they set off turn off both that and the lane change warning. With me its got to being a reflex action, put in drive, take off park brake, turn off ACC and lane change.

I use ACC in heavy traffic and roadworks and just normal cruise on quiet motorways for the exact reason you mention. I love ACC personally

Roadworks with no overtaking, yep, I do use the ACC.
I dont love it though. If I were to buy a truck I reckon Id part with all of 10 pence to have it fitted. :smiley: