Info needed

simcor:

the maoster:

simcor:
So you legally can do more then 60 hours under tacho regs.

Are you sure Simcor? I’m more than happy to be proved wrong but my impression is that whilst it’s perfectly legal to be “at work” for more than 60 hours per week (break, POA etc) it is in fact a contravention of the rules to exceed 60 hours working time in a week.

Nope not sure of anything anymore.

And yes I get it’s written in legislation but it is at odds with what you can legally work under drivers hours.

Also given I work for a company that is [zb] hot with compliance and infreingements the only wtd infringements we get are for working over 6 hours never for working over 60 hours.

Either way there are plenty of drivers that reguallry work over 60 hours a week.

You can work upto 60 hours a week over certain reference periods they have to average no more than 45 hours, you can keep your hours down by using POA correctly and having your breaks correctly throughout the day and still be on duty for 80+hours a week, manage it right when it comes to you 6th shift you will know if u can work it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok, so I did 71.25 hrs of shifts in 1 fixed week before xmas (6 days) well over 60hrs. Infringement? nope, as for wtd purposes I “worked” 49.25hrs. Breaks and poa are not included in “working” time so it is perfectly possible to max shift lengths as far as EU rules go and still be under the 60hrs wtd with a lot of poa/breaks.

Granted where you would struggle is doing a lot of driving. 56hr drive week would only give you 4hrs other work available. But, to do that 56hr drive you would need 6hrs driving breaks so maxing driving to the minute you would still have done a 66hr shift week. 2 and a bit hours poa per day would still take you to an 80hr shift week though despite staying within the 60hr wtd limit.

Hopefully that makes some kind of sense…