Illegals found in a container

As per title, found in container at Tilbury dock,s , at least the driver won,t get shafted for that, the box came from Zebrugge, One dead the rest must pen and ink, How desperate is that. :unamused:

Sad and desperate people.

Lusk:

More like gullible fools who have been ripped off and one has paid for it with his live his picture needs to be spread all over Africa or wherever he came from to explain this is what happens when you pay thousands of dollars to people traffickers. There is no nirvana when you eventually reach your destination better a poor man in your own country than a dead one in a foreign country

mazzer:

Lusk:

More like gullible fools who have been ripped off and one has paid for it with his live his picture needs to be spread all over Africa or wherever he came from to explain this is what happens when you pay thousands of dollars to people traffickers. There is no nirvana when you eventually reach your destination better a poor man in your own country than a dead one in a foreign country

Steady on there,if they don’t come how will one go about getting
one’s car washed or garden tended or crops picked or ■■■■■■ needs
fulfilled.

Blame the game not the player.

mazzer:

Lusk:

When your living in a country of poverty and no opportunity, your head will get turned by the chance of a greater world …

Have you ever noticed when your abroad on holiday these Africans and Asians believe we are rich, they believe coming here by whatever means will make them rich, I suppose having clean water on tap could be derived as rich :wink:

Why don’t they just stay in Europe? What’s the fascination with coming here?

Ricekrispies:

because we hand out food, houses, money and healthcare. Plus our rules are crap and it makes it very hard to send them back.

Ricekrispies:

Just because its being reported the ship came from Zebrugge doesn’t mean the container did. As for some of the other comments, and no doubt ones to come, show some compassion for your fellow human beings.

switchlogic:

Ricekrispies:

Just because its being reported the ship came from Zebrugge doesn’t mean the container did. As for some of the other comments, and no doubt ones to come, show some compassion for your fellow human beings.

I cant imagine how horrible it would be to be locked in a container not knowing where or when you are going,i wonder how long they have been locked up,imagine the state of them when the port people opened the doors :frowning:

How desperate must you be to agree to be locked into a container in the first place? The promise of a “better life” must be a very powerful pull to these sad people.

BillyHunt:
How desperate must you be to agree to be locked into a container in the first place? The promise of a “better life” must be a very powerful pull to these sad people.

They are not sad people. But I agree in the desperation part.
Even on drivers ‘■■■■ wages’ you are pretty much a millionaire in comparison to these people in their homeland, and money can easily misguide you.

That it exactly what i thought Luke.The container could have come from anywhere in the world.
You would not suffer from hypothermia and dehydration while being locked in a container from Belgium to Tilbury.
I suggest they made a long deep sea voyage.And in there for weeks.

I wonder how many will be deported once healthy?

It amazes me how these people who have nothing can lay their hands on a couple of ÂŁ1000 to get them over here in the first place.

I’m the only earner in my house as we have 2 small children, I can’t lay my hands on a few grand how can they do it?

Do they seriously believe this is the land of Milk and Honey? Okay my standard of living is pretty good but I’ve had to invest £1000’s into getting the qualifications to drive a waggon and I put in a lot more hours than your 9-5 would. Do they think it’s just all given to you?

For me, I think to myself, how crap must life be where they came from, if they are willing to die to come here and live in poverty.

Yes, because that’s what they’re told. But I agree with your first point, I’ve always wondered where they get all the cash to pay for these journeys.
I don’t think they’re willing to die, I’m sure they aren’t told that bit.

They dont always pay to get themselves here, often sell themselves to be a slave for the traffikers,
Pay a small ‘deposit’ at home, then get brought over by whatever means and work illegally directly or indirectly for/through the traffikers, 1 way or another the traffikers get their money’s worth from the illegal immigrant.

You only have to look around some farms, car wash’s, even around the centres of the not so white area’s of the Cities, without casting aspersions you will see illegal immigrants working away, arrived in the hope and good faith that here is better than home.

m_attt:

Ricekrispies:

because we hand out food, houses, money and healthcare. Plus our rules are crap and it makes it very hard to send them back.

Er it was shown and reported that they would be £10 a week better off in France … the real reason I think you’ll find is the documentation is easier and they speak English better than French … as once they have their papers from the UK they can freely move around Europe

I dont feel sorry for them one bit, 1 dead is 1 less getting my hard earned cash via benefits, housing etc etc but i have a solution. Its well known that immigrants smuggling themselves here destroy all paperwork relating to their identity or where they are from, so if we send a message that no one will get one penny in help including housing etc etc without an id card or passport, then maybe they will not destroy their i.d.
so once they arrive,. we know where to send them back to :laughing:

+1 Or change the rules so that no ID no consideration for asylum end of , in most cases they are found on board a vehicle and it would be known which country that vehicle or any other vehicle on that train or boat sailed from , therefore that would be where they get returned to , in many cases this would be france, then maybe the frogs will actually do something about them

either that or start to offer the same as other EU countries in the way of support,I bet they don’t get free health care teeth and glasses and social housing and benefits in other EU member states the uk should offer no more than other eu countries do, and increase the penalies for those who knowingly employ asylum seekers ,illegal imigrants maybe the real threat of some time inside may deter the trend

Remove the reasons for them making the uk there chosen country then you remove the problem , take away the honey