How long is your CV? struggling here

TheUncaringCowboy:

dieseldog999:

Grumpy Dad:
Don’t have a CV

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
same here.
never had one,and dont have one.
a few sentences of who you know ect opens most doors if you know the score.
being smarter than the pleb interviewing you would work too well i would imagine,so id just be smart enough for the job that your no doubt going to be getting paid from the neck down.
i suppose a new pass looking at snowflake companies might need to type a load of pishy waffle similar to eagerbeavers offering though.
meaningless mince on a page so they can store it on a pc for future ref mostly?

Had to write my first CV ever recently, for doing something different, naturally the type of company who expect a CV aren’t the the worth driving for. I prefer the “how long can you go out for and can you leave tomorrow?” type of ‘interview’.

Rocking up in the yard with the superhamptons, a bag of being away gear and saying “heard you’re down a man, do I need my own magnet?” isn’t the done thing with the new direction unfortunately.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the proper companies frown on magnets now as scania/volvo ect have refused the usual hooligan companies all warranty claims relating to the possible use of them,so the top notch tangtastic spec is the inbuilt remote control interrupters…easypeasylemonsqueezy… :wink:
the only difference here is ,can you go out on tonights boat ? , :slight_smile:

dieseldog999:

TheUncaringCowboy:

dieseldog999:

Grumpy Dad:
Don’t have a CV

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
same here.
never had one,and dont have one.
a few sentences of who you know ect opens most doors if you know the score.
being smarter than the pleb interviewing you would work too well i would imagine,so id just be smart enough for the job that your no doubt going to be getting paid from the neck down.
i suppose a new pass looking at snowflake companies might need to type a load of pishy waffle similar to eagerbeavers offering though.
meaningless mince on a page so they can store it on a pc for future ref mostly?

Had to write my first CV ever recently, for doing something different, naturally the type of company who expect a CV aren’t the the worth driving for. I prefer the “how long can you go out for and can you leave tomorrow?” type of ‘interview’.

Rocking up in the yard with the superhamptons, a bag of being away gear and saying “heard you’re down a man, do I need my own magnet?” isn’t the done thing with the new direction unfortunately.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the proper companies frown on magnets now as scania/volvo ect have refused the usual hooligan companies all warranty claims relating to the possible use of them,so the top notch tangtastic spec is the inbuilt remote control interrupters…easypeasylemonsqueezy… :wink:
the only difference here is ,can you go out on tonights boat ? , :slight_smile:

Ah, but they’re easily found, if not physically with a few wee tests. The manual way on these newer ones might be fiddly but it’s totally undetectable.

So my mate told me.

It’s a nice throwback getting a motor of good vintage and having to get the old sticky biscuit on, a look back on simpler times :laughing:

TheUncaringCowboy:
but it’s totally undetectable

:smiley:
Will this phrase be entering the list of “famous last words” sometime soon, I wonder?

ibby730d:
Many thanks for the replies guys.

Some comments made me laugh lol

You guys have given me very vital advice and i appreciate it. Will remove my degree from education and reword Software Developer to something like “Various IT roles” just so i dont sound like a guy who knows his sh\t.

I can kind of understand with those who dont have CVs when applying at an agency as you can just verbally apply and its fine but in IT obviously you cant. I’ll keep my CV very very basic

I was thinking of removing my IT experience and just leaving the warehouse operative role in as i’ve done a little bit of that but still unsure.

Yep keep it very basic 1 page max I’d say for driving jobs.
I think they say the average time spent looking at a cv is about 10 secs and that’s only if it gets past the computer program scanning for key words.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

I find that you put down driving & related licences first.
Then all the Logistics, then IT stuff?

My driving experience is detailed in order, but other work experience important too.
Too many gaps in employment worries employers so expand it, every one tells little lies on a CV.
Any jobs over 20 years will never be looked at, even 10 years not really seen.