How long did you wait before going for class 1

kcrussell25:

jbaz73:
Driverless trucks are a very real threat in the near future. I think that trunking jobs will be the first casualty with other types of work following soon. If you are going to do class 1, then now would be the time to do it

Do you actually believe that or have I missed the sarcasm?

They won’t work in towns and cities as they will be bullied by cars/vans.

The space needed to let them “platoon” on motorways isn’t practical in this country either.

Maybe in USA/Australia trunking across country they are viable but it will be a lot of years before that happens

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you missed the usual obvious trolling pish sarcasm to see if anyone would bite.( you did)… :unamused:

Jasesonix:
I passed class 2 in December and class 1 in January. Only because I want to drive class 1 not 2. Partly cause of the money and partly cause ive always been interested in driving an artics. Slightly more difficult to get a job as a newbie class one but ive got a couple of potentials pending assessment drives. I just love the driving and cant wait to get my first driving job. Its down to personal preference I think and how confident you are.

this. don’t wait if you don’t have to. Did class 2 in March and class 1 in august. No experience in neither of them - company has taken me in November - two weeks of training and now I am “fairly” confident artic driver driving for over two months :slight_smile:

I’ve had my Class 2 since 2007 and only just doing my Class 1 now. I’d been with the same company for the past eight years and was “content” with the Class 2/Hiab work.

In retrospect I should have thought about the longer term and done my Class 1 a couple of years ago. Hindsight, it’s a wonderful thing :unamused:

I’ll take class 1 when it pays better or when I want an easy life.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Class 1 job done, pay once, then it’s done.

It was class one when I did mine,with old style hgv provisional book, then sent that off, they had just changed to all on one leicene, wish I’d have kept my provisional,as a momento

I intended doing mine back to back three years ago nearly now when I done my class two. Thing is in my area South Wales, the hourly rate is shocking for class 1 work. So for now im staying on class 2 night work earning a tidy wage at moment.

Just passed my Class 2 and booked my Class 1 for March 18th :slight_smile:

DannyM271091:

Well done :astonished: and good luck for your class 1 :smiley:

DannyM271091:

:smiley: :smiley: