hot weather

seth 70:

Mollys_Dad:
With all of the new safety features on new trucks I can’t understand why an aircon unit isn’t factory fitted instead of a night heater. Surely setting the temperature to what you would like whatever the weather would be a huge safety feature and if fitted as standard at the factory it would cost effective too.

The new fh,s have got it,dont know if fitted as standard though,its called i cool.

It’s an added extra pal. I’ve got a new FH and mine has air con but no I Cool.

Mollys_Dad:

Suedehead:
Man up,make the most of it.
Its Summer ffs.Fast forward a few months and it will be “Why isnt my night heater working”
9 times out of 10 theres a discarded sock blocking the air intake.

You make the most of it.
I’m ginger, so me and the big orange barsteward in the sky don’t get on.
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

I’m ginger too with a bold head. I look like a ■■■■■■■ Swanvesta with my heard being burned! :blush: :laughing:

Freight Dog:
Right. I’m in a fairly foul (fowl? No that’s ducks isn’t it) mood.

Just operated from mid west where it was sticky road boiling. Too hot for a Limey like me. 18 hour duty. Race horses on the main deck. Two old female grooms on upper deck talking constantly for 18 hours. Bloody working environment was roasting. America mid west was roasting. Partially tipped and reloaded in Scotland then down to Euroland. By time we arrived, the place stunk of 18 hour old horse [zb] and pee and was roasting. Booked myself for 36 hours in cheap ■■■ hotel with aircon that is useless. Room is roasting. I’m jet lagged to hell and need to cool down. Any, I mean any suggestions, little tricks on how to cool a room down (window opens a crack and outside is even hotter) would be appreciated. Honestly. I would right now, buy several pints for a good suggestion (you’d have to travel to where I am). Cheers. Yours in a bad mood :imp:

A tip I had from a French lady who’d lived in Africa for a time was to soak a sheet in cold water and sleep under that. (May need to re-wet it if it dries out). My wife fills a hot water bottle and puts in the freezer for an hour then cuddles the thing. (not sure if that is also intended to discourage amorous approaches)

Darb:
Air con unit and ceiling fan working together keeps the bedroom perfect in this weather, I’ve worked nights for years so the air con unit was one of my best purchases :smiley:

Cheers. Air con is banjaxed though. No ceiling fan either. This hotel (a chain I might add) is so cheap assed, even renting rooms out by the hour is one star above them, the hookers wouldn’t be seen dead here for such high rates and low service. It’s great being the only choice for travellers near the small airport.

Buckstones:

Freight Dog:
Right. I’m in a fairly foul (fowl? No that’s ducks isn’t it) mood.

Just operated from mid west where it was sticky road boiling. Too hot for a Limey like me. 18 hour duty. Race horses on the main deck. Two old female grooms on upper deck talking constantly for 18 hours. Bloody working environment was roasting. America mid west was roasting. Partially tipped and reloaded in Scotland then down to Euroland. By time we arrived, the place stunk of 18 hour old horse [zb] and pee and was roasting. Booked myself for 36 hours in cheap ■■■ hotel with aircon that is useless. Room is roasting. I’m jet lagged to hell and need to cool down. Any, I mean any suggestions, little tricks on how to cool a room down (window opens a crack and outside is even hotter) would be appreciated. Honestly. I would right now, buy several pints for a good suggestion (you’d have to travel to where I am). Cheers. Yours in a bad mood :imp:

A tip I had from a French lady who’d lived in Africa for a time was to soak a sheet in cold water and sleep under that. (May need to re-wet it if it dries out). My wife fills a hot water bottle and puts in the freezer for an hour then cuddles the thing. (not sure if that is also intended to discourage amorous approaches)

Cheers for that, may well give that a bash! I won’t try the water bottle thing as no water bottle and no freezer. Just a plastic sink and a moulded all-in-one plastic shower.

A. At home turn on Aircon drop everything place towel on chair position foot either side of unit and chill :unamused: :grimacing:

B. At work, windows up Aircon on and drive :grimacing: Fully dressed of course :wink: