Home brew sleeper cabs

NZ JAMIE:

A bit off thread I know but here’s a pic of a model I made of Nick’s 142 UJW585Y. It’s not 100% accurate,I added a few extra bit’s and pieces.

I love a model that you feel you could climb into & drive away! :smiley: Chris

A couple from Israel made by Drod Sankevich, a local coachbuilder who saw an opening in the market given that Mack’s agents did not, initially, offer a sleeper option on the F700s and DM800s. Very clean conversions in my view and the right way of going about the job.

Scania141LBS:
Found this one in Chile a few weeks ago and in my opinion it Looks awesome:

I missed this one,but you are right Jurg. It looks great!

Danne

ERF-NGC-European:

Gawd what’s upstairs in that? A hammock & upright wardrobes :open_mouth: Chris

sc.jpg

moomooland:

I bet that was a handful on uneven surfaces without the trailer on! :open_mouth: Robert

Saw this in Holland monday

Now that is a tiny one. :slight_smile:
Photograph courtesy of Peter Lynch.

Nick bull:
Saw this in Holland monday

Now that is one strange looking cab eh? Could it be one of KLMs old ones?
Danne

IMG_8594.JPG

moomooland:
0Now that is a tiny one. :slight_smile:
Photograph courtesy of Peter Lynch.

Looks as if the whole truck was built in some backyard workshop!

Couple more

I was in charnock many years ago (sixties)one night and got talking to a young lad who new it all type,and he was adamant he had a sleeper cab on his Thames trader I just nodded my head and put it down a rich imagination,I finished my meal and we left,when we got outside low and behold he had a trader,the sleeper on the back(I can’t type for laughing)was about eighteen inches high with a tarry felt roof,the sides were made of old pallets (fifteen inches)high vertical slats,when he switch on his cab light it looked like a cage(I am still laughing)

An Oz Crusader

Here are the same two good pictures optimised. Such a transport must have put up the price of a sack of cement!

Froggy55:

Here are the same two good pictures optimised. Such a transport must have put up the price of a sack of cement!

I shall have to put more photos on to be optimised thank you for that Froggy55
That load wasn’t cement it was urea[fertaliser] for a station called Beverly Springs which is about half way up the Gibb River rd in northern Western Aus in 1973.

Cheers Dig

ERF-NGC-European:

Living in a box Eddie, what a nice bloke he was.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I believe I might have found the Daddy of these:
romain37530.skyrock.com/2841936 … W_COMMENTS

The caption says it’s Turkish, but the comments section corrects that. The RHA crest on the front bumper is a giveaway LOL.

Froggy55:

The sacks were full of urea and thanks for the photo upgrades Froggy.