Hippies

would there be anyone else on here that just completely just dont give a toss about the enviroment for the reason that theres absolutely nothing you can do to change whats coming in the future anyway?
if,as and when it becomes a problem,then 1 we will all be dead,and 2,some smartypants will envent something to cure it anyway.
theres nothing you personally can do,you and everyone you know will be dead,and most likely so will your offspring.
roll coal,and be happy. :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=fkmLf5OXxz0

youtube.com/watch?v=xf25OwYuE3o

Arguably, it already has become a problem. Plus, some smarty pants has already invented something to cure it - renewable energy. All that’s really needed is the political will to actually make some changes. Sadly, with our current political systems, long-term planning beyond retaining/winning the next election is pretty much non-existent.

How hard would it be to require all new buildings to have solar panels in their roofs, for example?

I would like to see a lot more micro hydro electric schemes and its ridiculous that we are not heavily invested in tidal power.

^^^^^^^^^^^^ this, you would think being a island it would be the way to go…

alamcculloch:
I would like to see a lot more micro hydro electric schemes and its ridiculous that we are not heavily invested in tidal power.

“If I ruled the world”…
Tidal barrier across Severn estuary. Big island in the centre of it with an airport, and a 250mph electric rail link to London and everywhere. No cars allowed, but frequent trains. No noise pollution, quicker to get most anywhere than from congested Heathrow, and predictable tidal energy from multiple basins. Expensive, too expensive for most/all private enterprise. This is what central Government should be doing, not subdividing and farming out its true responsibilities. I can hear lots of fans of small government getting upset, but we no longer live in a world where we can isolate ourselves from the actions of others. The population is already too big for that. Some individual autonomy must be lost if we are to survive. We already give up the right to bash someone over the head with a shovel if they support the wrong footie team, and so we need to accept that blowing too much crap into the air isnt acceptable either.

Roymondo:
Arguably, it already has become a problem

Im afraid that may be so. Because we havent been here before no-one really knows where the tipping point is. Climate science is learning all the time, and so talk of how many degrees temp rise is acceptable, how much CO2 we can use, are only estimates. Too many look at the figures and hope we can just push the envelope a little more.
Saying weve got this far as a race isnt doesnt say much. Driving down a mountain road with no brakes, and saying "so far, so good", as you pass a sign for a hairpin bend aint much good.

For an encore, “Every day would be the first day of spring.”
:smiley:

good post franglais and I agree with you (apart from the shovels over the head :laughing: ) but what chance have we got when the so called experts are blaming cows ■■■■■■■ as part of the problem with global warming… :open_mouth: :smiley: