"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Froggy55:

pv83:

These mighty Scammells are fine looking trucks, as were in France our Berliet GBO and Willèmes!

Indeed they were and still are Froggy.

Kempston:

smallcoal:

Kempston:
This is a turbine generator set being loaded by Sauter transport engineering. Overhead crane couldn’t lift that weight so had to be jacked up the trailer reversed under it then lowered onto the trailer. I believe this was bound for ICI Severnside at Avonmouth. The artic in the bottom photo belongs to TWF who took over E.Hull and Fredrick Rays I believe.

Hi kempston there was a programme on a while back super truckers featuring kings haulage avonmouth and they were moving two of the generators to a plant they had to reverse it into the building for it to be taken off and put into position ready to be used cheers John

Don’t spose you remember what channel that was on do you John?

IT was on a channel called quest you can get it on I player they had a series with kings then metcalfe haulage there is kings on you tube hope this helps John

smallcoal:

Kempston:

smallcoal:

Kempston:
This is a turbine generator set being loaded by Sauter transport engineering. Overhead crane couldn’t lift that weight so had to be jacked up the trailer reversed under it then lowered onto the trailer. I believe this was bound for ICI Severnside at Avonmouth. The artic in the bottom photo belongs to TWF who took over E.Hull and Fredrick Rays I believe.

Hi kempston there was a programme on a while back super truckers featuring kings haulage avonmouth and they were moving two of the generators to a plant they had to reverse it into the building for it to be taken off and put into position ready to be used cheers John

Don’t spose you remember what channel that was on do you John?

IT was on a channel called quest you can get it on I player they had a series with kings then metcalfe haulage there is kings on you tube hope this helps John

Thanks again John.

Been a while since put some pics on so some more Magnaload from Milford Haven some Scammells for Patrick and a Volvo for Dean.

TRL924H (Betsey) would pull a house down great motor,have some photos somewhere.

A4B93D8F-A658-4583-8053-7498C4289F09.jpeg
34CDB10B-E446-440F-BBBF-4D48E97125C5.jpeg
999FCCD3-2089-4251-BB75-685045B78C82.jpeg
7A6D7211-184A-4779-9940-984DC4750BF7.jpeg

Hi chris! Now thats an interesting setup,wonder what the weight is? Nice to see some of the stuff u got over there!

Danne

Details from the older photographs fascinate me.

For example the Magnaload Scammell has a Cornish registration number and I am struggling to think of any Cornish operation, except perhaps ECC, that would have had work for a beast like that. Any ideas?

David

ECC where the first owners of TRL

Yes that is correct first owned by ECC then I think Hills of Botley seem to recollect it has been mentioned on here about that, then finally Magnaload which was originally a joint venture with Peckston and Mammoet.
Here is another photo of Betsy as she was nicknamed. Also an item about when she was involved in a world record move at the time. click on article to read.

Thanks for that boys. Another mystery solved.

David

found couple not good quality

These thanks to Peter Schöler,
Oily

Heavy Haul PS 14477732562_e66e5fc971_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 14224596220_86c98dd1a5_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 13927810046_f2fbcf549c_o.jpg

Heavy Haul PS 13215305214_bf73d4c661_o.jpg

Thanks “jshepguis” for the F89 pics proper job ! :wink:

Sunters.

Click on pages twice to read.

Here’s one from the archives.