"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Who knows more about these two?

pv83:

The colour scheme looks like they could be GEC General Electric Company ■■

Click on pages twice to magnify to read.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
A couple of Faun photos from the WOW Turkey site.

Great set of Pictures, thanks for showing, Heanor, Pickfords,Siddle Cook, Wynns all common sights on the road when I first started.
Done a few wide and Long loads in my time, but nothing heavier than a Cat D8.

Edward Beck’s steersman, John Waddle, is pictured at the rear of Scammell Constructor 6x6 ballast tractor ‘Katy’ Reg No HJA 148F as it passes through Reddish while transporting a ‘Born’ process heater manufactured by William Keynon & Sons Ltd of Dukinfield Cheshire.

DEANB:

pv83:

The colour scheme looks like they could be GEC General Electric Company ■■

Click on pages twice to magnify to read.

Cheers for posting the article Dean! Looks like it’s the same livery indeed, however, I remember an article or even seeing those GEC Faun’s in a white/grey-ish colour scheme…?

ChrisArbon:
A couple of Faun photos from the WOW Turkey site.

Cheers mate! Impressive stuff eh… will post some more about FAUN later on… :wink:

moomooland:
0Edward Beck’s steersman, John Waddle, is pictured at the rear of Scammell Constructor 6x6 ballast tractor ‘Katy’ Reg No HJA 148F as it passes through Reddish while transporting a ‘Born’ process heater manufactured by William Keynon & Sons Ltd of Dukinfield Cheshire.

Another pic of bygone days, cheers moomooland :wink:
At first I thought that the Scammell was pulling some odd trailer, but after a closer look I realised it’s a frame placed on two dollies…

pv83:

ESE label on the doors?!?!

David

5thwheel:

pv83:

ESE label on the doors?!?!

David

Aye, looks like it David, well spotted :wink:

Right, a bit about FAUN then, it is a bit too much to rewrite their history on here, but the name stands for Fahrzeugfabriken Ansbach und Nurnberg, and it was formed in 1845 by the merger of Braun and the Ansbach vehicle works.

Now, over the years they’ve built a vast array of wagons for all sort of purposes, from bin lorries to big tippers to mobile cranes and everything in between.

What’s left is the bin lorrie department and the mobile crane department, that was taken over by Japanese Tadano in 1990. The well known tractor units they’ve build over the years for the heavy haulage sector are sadly not longer available… what’s left are the pictures for us to enjoy…

12644836_548445171979006_6969790998196577768_n.jpg

Some top pictures here Patrick. Thanks for the history lesson as well. Nice one.
Johnny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the Faun pictures Patrick. That must have been a lot of work posting those lot.
I’ve only got one photo this week.
This truck was supposed to deliver into the petro-chemical area just east of Houston. But then Hurricane Harvey came along and he was parked-up with no idea when he could get there.

An excellent sampling of Faun trucks, Patrick! There was an ex-French Army 6x6 Faun on display at the Locomotion last June but I unfortunately didnt’ take any pictures of it.

ChrisArbon:
Thanks for all the Faun pictures Patrick. That must have been a lot of work posting those lot.
I’ve only got one photo this week.
This truck was supposed to deliver into the petro-chemical area just east of Houston. But then Hurricane Harvey came along and he was parked-up with no idea when he could get there.

jsutherland:
Some top pictures here Patrick. Thanks for the history lesson as well. Nice one.
Johnny

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Froggy55:
An excellent sampling of Faun trucks, Patrick! There was an ex-French Army 6x6 Faun on display at the Locomotion last June but I unfortunately didnt’ take any pictures of it.

Cheers for the kind words lads :wink:

Cheers for the pic Chris, another very unusual set-up there… might take him a bit longer to tip I reckon, saw some images on the news… doesn’t look like it’s over yet, now Miami and the surrounding islands are under fire…

Must have missed that one Froggy, can’t remember seeing it in the Saterday…