"Heavy Haulage through the years"

Which later changed into a horrible yellow-grey livery…

pv83:
Cheers Dean!

What make is that Spanish tractor unit? Does look Yank build, Mack perchange?
Haven’t seen that Sarens unit before, could be a proper contender for the “popquiz question” eh :wink:

" Sarens unit"… I’ll go for Belgian MOL Patrick.
Cheers
Oily

Swiftly going back to Van Seumeren, established in '66 by Jan van Seumeren in Utrecht, they later moved to De Meern, where I was lucky enough to wonder around in their yard as a young whippersnapper, my old man worked for a heavy haulage firm who were the next door neighbours of Van Seumeren, so if they didn’t had enough lorries to carry their loads, they gave the neighbour a ring…will never forget that first time entering their yard, never had seen so much and massive stuff…did made quite the impression on a young lad I can assure you…

8 ASSER SEMI + DAF-1.JPG

oiltreader:

pv83:
Cheers Dean!

Haven’t seen that Sarens unit before, could be a proper contender for the “popquiz question” eh :wink:

" Sarens unit"… I’ll go for Belgian MOL Patrick.
Cheers
Oily

Probably is Oily, the other ones (Antar) were converted by MOL as well

14980817_1153293551430547_8693625208335772950_n.jpg

MAN 276 balken Amsterdam klein.jpg

IVECO-1.JPG

FAUN 181 klein.jpg

SCANIA(105) +8 ASSEN SEMIE.front.JPG

MAN 276 met Grove spin.jpg

Turbine move.
Oily

Hello Patrick.
Magnaload UK operations did become incorporated into the Econofreight group. Couple of pictures of RAJ 530R in its Magnaload colours double heading with the FTF, and picture with it in Econofreight colours.

jshepguis:
Hello Patrick.
Magnaload UK operations did become incorporated into the Econofreight group. Couple of pictures of RAJ 530R in its Magnaload colours double heading with the FTF, and picture with it in Econofreight colours.

Cheers for the info and pic’s mate, much appreciated! :wink:

oiltreader:
Turbine move.
Oily

Cheers Oily! A week before they loaded one of the heaviest turbines I was there as well to load a piece for the UK, and those Scales lads were building up the equipment, had a chat with a couple of the lads, very friendly, and they gave enough information to satisfy my needs… :wink:

pv83:
Cheers Dean!

Morning Patrick

I reckon so chap got the old bulldog on the front.

Yes Sarens had some unusual stuff,and heres another rare one from another company.

unusual15a.PNG

Patrick, That was a quality post you put on Sunday ! Great info and pictures. Those Fauns were big
old things. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :laughing:

jshepguis:
Hello Patrick.

You have just gone right up in my estimations “jshepguis” posting pics of 89s. :wink: :laughing:

Heres Econofreight moving a big one !

scammell13.PNG.jpg

scammell14.PNG.jpg

DEANB:

pv83:
Cheers Dean!

Morning Patrick

Yes Sarens had some unusual stuff,and heres another rare one from another company.

A feast of heavy haulage photos you blokes keep it up.

That Mack looks like a B81 model they had 24inch wheel rims and tires.

Cheers Dig

DIG:

DEANB:

pv83:
Cheers Dean!

Morning Patrick

A feast of heavy haulage photos you blokes keep it up.

That Mack looks like a B81 model they had 24inch wheel rims and tires.

Cheers Dig

Thanks for confirming the model of the Mack Dig. :sunglasses:

Heres an article from 1993 featuring a Mack.(Click on pages twice to read)

I missed this unit originally but spotted it when revisiting earlier photos on the thread,I believe its an Oshkosh pictured in Sarens fleet.
Oshkosh were built by Caterpillar with a similar look to this unit in the late 60s although this is the first 6wheel drive one I have seen.
Would I be right?

Cheers Dig

sarens-international.jpg