"Heavy Haulage through the years"

pv83:

jsutherland:

DIG:

pv83:
What in all that’s holy is this [zb] [zb]?! Care to explain yourselves Johnny and Pete, honestly, I leave you two alone for just a second and what…? You just felt the need to post some [zb] fridges? On the [zb] HEAVY HAULAGE THREAD!!!
That’s it Johnny, I’m giving Mrs S a ring, see can sort you out mate… and as for Pete… buy me a couple of brews and all is sorted mate…

Keep your hair on young fella, well in a manner of speaking since you haven’t got much, actually none. [emoji16]
Please don’t phone, or I’ll be on bread and water for a week.
Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

Would three hooked up constitute HH and square things up a bit Johnny
I have me coat on. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Dig

So you’re not only hijacking this thread, but you’ve made the mistake to comment on my glorious aerodynamic shaped haircut as well Herr Sutherland… Too late mate, Mrs S has been notified, prepare for the worst pal… DIG, you’re alright mate? Three of them must tip the scale at 80t, no? Heavy enough for my taste :wink:

Edit; because Johnny is a mate of mine and I happen to know he’s got a fridge fetish, two pic’s for you pal! Care to explain why a fridge has got “convoi exceptionnel” written on it please… :unamused: :unamused:

Now that is a real mate - well appart from grassing me off to the misses and being prejudiced against fridges - posting a couple of cracking fridge photos. Cheers Patrick.

pv83:
Hopefully we can return to what this thread is all about after “fridge gate”…
Some from… erm… another shoe box…

“fridge gate” - you sure have a way with words Patrick. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Megatranz - they have some really cool pictures on their web site - https://www.megatranz.com/home

DIG:
Can someone tell me what the scrapers are doing are they trying to tow a machine that walks?
Dig

I was thinking the same thing DIG. Some incredible amount of pulling power if you add it all up together.

The South African company Kumkani was bought out by Barloworld Transport in 2014. https://barloworld-transport.com/services/abnormal/

Here are a couple of pictures before that time.

Now the “new” livery:

jsutherland:

pv83:
Hopefully we can return to what this thread is all about after “fridge gate”…
Some from… erm… another shoe box…

“fridge gate” - you sure have a way with words Patrick. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Some even say I should write a column… :wink:

jsutherland:
Megatranz - they have some really cool pictures on their web site - https://www.megatranz.com/home

They seem to have adopted the old Mammoet livery…

DIG:
Can someone tell me what the scrapers are doing are they trying to tow a machine that walks?

Dig

VW testing their diesel engines…? I’ll get me coat…

DIG:
Is this you Patrick ? I have never seen a trailer like that one before.looks a solid load though.

Dig

Low loader with a jeep dolly mate, wasn’t me though, I only do the “little” stuff these days :laughing:

Load is a thruster made by Wartsilla.

Cheers to Lawrence Dunbar, Dispatcher and herr Sutherland for the pic’s :wink:

Some footage from French haulier Cauvas…

Past, present and inbetween… :wink:

MOL tractor unit

20181014_112332.jpg

pv83:

pic no. 4 is similar to the one I sent you Patrick, with the load in a bit better condition, of course. :wink: :laughing:

pv83:
MOL tractor unit

Thanks for the Mol pictrues Patrick. I’d never heard of the manufacturer until now. Apparently it has been around since 1944 :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I think I have found the specification of the tractor unit:

mol-speifications.jpg

(MOL CY - constructeur)

Patrick, do you know the make of the huge dragline ? I assume that must be used in one of those huge open cast
mines and will be used until it packs up. It must surely be delivered in sections and put together at the mine.
What weight do you reckon it would be chap ?

Nice Cauvas pics. :wink:

Johnny, MOL article for you chap. I have some stuff on them somewhere if i find it i will pop it on.

How about this old beast !

Click on pages twice to read.

Spardo:

pv83:

pic no. 4 is similar to the one I sent you Patrick, with the load in a bit better condition, of course. :wink: :laughing:

Can you post them on here mate, I’ve seem to “lost” them somewhere in space… :unamused:

There was quite a story to that carriage, apparently is was the last one left in Slovakia and was built in the period bewteen the two wars, when that photo was taken it was on it’s way to the restoration chamber, nice to see some industrial heritage is being saved.